Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Yet More Doom Movie Stuff

HomLAN Fed has an interview with Doom movie screenwriter Dave Callaham (in article format) going into stuff on the upcoming movie:

In developing the Doom script, Callaham said that the games themselves helped in terms of the visuals that he wanted to put in. However, he said, “In terms of character development it is non-existent (in the games) and the id guys are the first to admit that.” Callaham said that in his meetings with the id Software team they were very supportive and open with his ideas on changing the Doom mythology and allowing for real characters to be put into the script. “They were not clinging to anything.” he said, “They were really quite generous in changing the Doom mythology a bit.”

There are a few what might be considered minor spoilers in the article (namely some character names). It's a pretty good read, so check it out. Update by Linguica: I hear if you say his name three times he'll appear! Dave Callaham, Dave Callaham, Dave Callaham...

Just a suggestion... but while the ending could use an adjustment... What about the Doom book series? It was four books, but definitely fascinating... Just a thought.

cronogold said:

Just a suggestion... but while the ending could use an adjustment... What about the Doom book series? It was four books, but definitely fascinating... Just a thought.

One day, I'm gonna sell my soul to the Devil just to have those damn Doom books obliterated from public memory and ensure.

dsm said:

One day, I'm gonna sell my soul to the Devil just to have those damn Doom books obliterated from public memory and ensure.

oh pfft.. they weren't that bad.

QUOTE:

arguably the most anticipated video/PC game based film ever made

they got "argue" right.

Basing a movie on a game is one thing. Basing a movie on a book is another. But basing a movie on a book based on a game? No. ESPECIALLY not with the Doom novels.

Ok, this movie is one step closer to being a total failure on the big screen, if it even makes it that far.

DD_133 said:

Ok, this movie is one step closer to being a total failure on the big screen, if it even makes it that far.

And you're basing this on what?

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will also appear as Sarge, the head space marine, but Callaham warns, "He is not going to be smiling a whole bunch. You won’t see him raise his left eyebrow."

Why does he warn of a good thing? I'm glad the Rock isn't raising his eyebrow. Only the doomguy raises his eyebrow and gets away with it.

You say my name 3 times and I appear out of nowhere? I wish I had known this earlier, it probably would have made for some good practical jokes down the line.

Heh, how much do I pay you to insert my name into the movie when they hand you a rewrite? :P

I can be one of the asian marines or scientists.

There better be a scene before hell breaks loose that has somebody playing doom (1 or 2 but not 3) on their computer while they're supposed to be working. If it's not in the script, add it now. Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3 would be amusing, but not quite as good.

destx said:

They can't make a movie out of a game like Doom.

keeping up on callaham's posts, i gotta say that it seems to me that if the doom movie turns out to suck it won't be callaham's fault.

dethtoll said:

keeping up on callaham's posts, i gotta say that it seems to me that if the doom movie turns out to suck it won't be callaham's fault.

It will be the Rocks's fault.

Ralphis said:

The Rock is awesome, quit hating. He's the new Arnold, and just as good

i thought vin diesel was the new arnold.

skinpack said:

See movies: Resident Evil ; Final Fantasy

Argh shut up, wait until it comes out before criticising it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. You might be pleasantly surprised. You can't judge how well a movie is going to be just by going by other shitty movies based on games. There are millions of shitty movies out there, based on games, books, a drunk person's ramblings, etc. So in my eyes it doesn't really matter.

Zarkyb, if we criticise it before it hits the shelves and it is a flunk, then we won't be dissapointed, if it isn't a flunk, then we will be surprised and happy, so really, criticising it helps.

DD_133 said:

They can't make a movie out of a game like Doom.

Apparently they can, and are

dsm said:

I don't think your soul is worth that much to the devil.

Maybe if we all joined in though, the devil would consent to the package deal.