Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Relica Religia

Couple DeHackED questions.....

Alright, for a quick-and-dirty little DEH I'm creating, I need to ask something that I'm honestly stumped on.

I need to make all enemies that drop items (zombies) to stop dropping everything. No magazines, weapons, anything.

How could I do this? Do I need a BEX patch as well?

Since the behavior is hard coded to the objects you have to swap all properties (including the editor number) of them with one decoration object. For the editor this doesn't change anything but the swapped monsters won't drop anything.

Sure, but who uses EDGE? :D

Anyway, changing this won't cost more than a few minutes for all item spawning monsters (there are only 4 of them!)

Thanks a million for the feedback.

One other question.....there's no way I can make a chaingun as the default starting weapon, is there? Or is that hard-coded as well?

Thanks again.

Relica Religia said:

Thanks a million for the feedback.

One other question.....there's no way I can make a chaingun as the default starting weapon, is there? Or is that hard-coded as well?

Thanks again.

Of course this is hard coded. This can only be done with a source port that supports some sort of inventory scripting.

AFAIK ZDoom and Legacy can do it but it'd be port specific.

EvisceratoR said:

well I use Edge..always.. might be because i haven't looked into zscripting yet (or whatever it's called)..

Do you mean DECORATE?