Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dron

xwe problem

im trying to insert a texture from another wad into my wad in xwe and after i insert it (and "add to texture" and "add to patch names" it) and save the wad, when i load it up in doombuilder it cannot find the wad/patch. does anyone know what i am doing wrong and what i should be doing or why it won't work?

The only thing I can think of is that you left the patch where it was, ie. at the bottom of the list and outside the PP_START/END markers. This doesn't affect WA (although it does with flats), don't know about DB.

for some reason it doesn't even recognize the patch as a patch. the "type" field is blank.

Well, one, you shouldn't press "Add to Patch Names" after you've already pressed "Add to Texture". Pressing "Add to Texture" automatically adds the said image into Doom's patch list and to the bottom of the Textures list. The one thing I can suggest is adding it between P_START and P_END markers, or replace existing textures, like so:

1. Import your patch
2. Rename it to an existing texture that you don't like

Viola! However, if you're using ZDoom, you can just add it between TX_START and TX_END markers and call it good :P

And another thing, you don't have to make DoomBuilder "see" your textures for them to work right in-game. You just won't be able to view them properly in the editor's 3D mode (the same thing happens to me when I'm mapping with ZDoom's texture-to-flat and flat-to-texture system unless I lump all resources together). Sometimes, you may see your textures simply as plain white splotches in the 3D mode. The only thing you can do here is either rename your texture or ignore it.