Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom On The XBox!!!

No, not that Doom... the other one... you know, the first one. Anyways, some nutty XBox hacking project called OpenXDK has posted a new version of their XBox development kit with the ability to compile programs(!), and:

To demonstrate the capabilities of the current OpenXDK framework, the SDL port of Doom (without sound or networking) is able to be compiled and executed. You will need to find a DOOM1.WAD (shareware) and put it in the root of your XBOX's C drive.

So uh, it works, sort of. Hey couldn't you just get Linux running and play Doom that way? Whatever, that's probably not the point.

heh it probably crashes every three seconds after all I mean the graphics are extremely outdated and the Xbox probably could not run it anyway

There is anothe DOOM port for the XBOX, though it was written using M$'s Dev kit, and was never finished...

...though the author says that he has an interest in porting DOOM Legacy now.

This new DOOM port is a good thing to pack in with the free Dev kit, I can't wait till they get sound support and what not in, then we'll have a fully working port of DOOM for the XBOX at last, and hopefully someone will come along and MOD it a bit some day.

Bfgthd said:

heh it probably crashes every three seconds after all I mean the graphics are extremely outdated and the Xbox probably could not run it anyway

When my video card died, it ran in the most basic mode, 256 colors, 800x600 desktop res. No games worked...except Doom.