Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doom On XBox Part Deux

I guess Doom on Xbox is all the rage these days. I see that another Doom-on-XBox port called DoomX has been revived and is now at v1.0beta, with the following changes:

• New title screen
  • MIDI music
  • WAD selector
  • Fixed weapon select bug
  • Menu sliders fully functional
  • New control system and button mappings
  • New Per-WAD save system
  • Selecting 'Quit Game' now returns to the WAD selector
  • Various additional bugfixes
So yeah.

Too bad I don't own any consoles. If I owned an X-Box, shit yeah I'd play Doom on it, I had doom for SNES, PSX and Dreamcast.

BBG said:

Too bad I don't own any consoles. If I owned an X-Box, shit yeah I'd play Doom on it, I had doom for SNES, PSX and Dreamcast.

GOOD THING YOU HAVE A PC HUH

I have no idea how you can play doom without a mouse and/or keyboard

Wobbo said:

I have no idea how you can play doom without a mouse and/or keyboard

well, if it's a direct port, without mouselook, it would be quite easy.

BBG said:

Well, apparently you had (have?) an SNES, PSX and Dreamcast ;)

People always complain about Analog controllers and FPS'.

Personally I can play perfectly fine with with Keyboard & Mouse or an XBOX pad (which I often hook up to my PC). Obviously the game pad has a HUGE learning curve to it, and it is a LOT harder to be precise while your aiming, because you can no longer simply point and click, now you nead to "steadily" aim with your right thumb, which adds both challenge and realism to the game...

...though sime times I burn out on that, and slouch back over the computer for the comfort and precision of the Keyboad $ Mouse combo.

What I'd really like to have is Mouse controls taken over by a helmet that resoponds to head movements, and its speed will adjust to the speed which you turn your head, etc.

On your right hand would be a grip with two or three buttons on it, along with a scroll wheel for your thumb or something, which will server as your gun. Lastly on your right hand will be a condenced keyboard or something, which will feature the minimal set of keys to play any FPS, without the bulk of a keyboard. A glove might work.

Going price on a basic decent unit is about $1000. Not bad.

Barely anyone would use it, because just about every FPS now has extra controls, which are probably going to be unique to that game. Some FPSes have MASSES of controls now.

And the thing is, with mouse and keyboard, you're resting your arms on the desk, so your arms arent getting tired.

Well like I said, the keypad would be designed to have the needed amount of keys. As for resting your arms...

...well you could really sit on your couch or lazy boy if you wanted to. :)

I'm still waiting on the video game experience that will make me vomit.

I've talked to the one of the authors, and found out that a couple of the future plans are to include Analog Turning (speed of turn determined by force applied to analog stick), and pWAD support. She has no plans of including DEH support because WinDOOM does not have DEH support.
Hopefully we'll see split screen and networking support eventually too....

...I'd personally like to see this merged with CDOOM.

Sign in to follow this