Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Superman is dead

the man who inspired the first dn comic is dead.

but his legacy will live on, thanks to the new Memorial Editions of dn comics!

DOOM Anomaly said:

B-b-b-but, the movie! He was supposed to be in it! :(

They'll just do like they did with the Orcale in the Matrix movies. Original one dies. Hire new actor, come up with excuse for why he looks different. Act as if no one will ever notice.

spank said:

Some people think this about him.

The word "think" and the name "maddox" do not belong together, and they never will.

Melfice said:

The word "think" and the name "maddox" do not belong together, and they never will.

Actually, IMO, that's one of his best articles.

That spoof of Mortal Combat made me laugh so hard I could feel the hell fires behind me.

That's so utterly wrong, why am I laughing.

Then Dr. Swann won't return on Smallville after this, it's kinda odd that the show is going to be missing a piece of him.

Melfice said:

I guess you haven't read many of his articles then, have you... you have to pick out when he's trying to make a point and when he's just making a joke page. People get all pissed about his joke pages... heh. Tis funny.

It was really only a matter of time. The ultimate "fuck you" to all the people who say that you shouldn't let disabilities stop you from achieving and overcoming. Funny that Reeve tried so hard to "triumph" over his condition only to die nine years later after all that effort.

I'm waiting for the atheists and agnostics to comment on this one.

Job said:

I'm waiting for the atheists and agnostics to comment on this one.

I believe his death is a sure sign of the existence of the Christian God. Mere inanimate laws of physics couldn't be this evil.

And another one bites the dust...:(
Who will be the next celebrity to die?

lex luther wins, finaly the guy gets to win.

i never really liked superman. i just thought he was too non-human. batman had all the cool toys and spiderman had super powers but was still human.

Sephiroth said:

i just thought he was too non-human.

no shit considering HE WAS A FUCKING ALIEN

Alientank said:

That article by maddox I agree with.

The biggest problem with Maddox's article is that not JUST Reeve's is guilty of this... we ALL are, including Maddox himself (but then when isn't Maddox a troll?). Most of us being in our young adulthood are carefree and are not personally affected by cripling disseases. As we get old, it is almost certain we will or people close to us be afflicted by something that will bring it close to home. My father suffers from Multiple Sclerosis and I'd bet that until he was diagnosed he never throught once about donating to the MS society. Now I do the Walkathon every year and we donate money to the MS research fund. Does the fact that only after our family was subjected to this make us insensitive and an "asshole"? No I doubt it, are there people more noble than us? Surely, but it doesn't negate the fact that once afflicted were willing to do something about it. Reeves is no more an asshole than the rest of us.

/me plays the Superman theme

Fredrik said:
Mere inanimate laws of physics couldn't be this evil.

No, it was poetic justice for his blasphemous hybris; acting like a righteous überman, and stuff (or maybe just the bad acting.)

Okay... I'm as nasty as Maddox now.

I wonder where the horse is nowadays.

I could never understand why, after being crippled and unable to walk anymore, he just didn't fly wherever he wanted to go. Or go real fast anti-clockwise round the earth to reverse time and just shoot the horse before he got on it?

People only give a shit when someone famous dies, aside from those that are related to an individual one way or another. Granted, Christopher Reeve's did do good with his celeb status. The superman movies sucked. Especially the one which had the 7 minute credit intro and they all flew across the screen. Drove me fucking bonkers.

u know what the asshole newscaster said?

"Its a bird, its a plane, no, its a dead man, as actor Christopher Reeve dies today..."

Foofoo said:

u know what the asshole newscaster said?

"Its a bird, its a plane, no, its a dead man, as actor Christopher Reeve dies today..."

bahahaha