Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

drinking game for tonights debate

There are three parts to this game. The first section applies to either candidate, and the next two are specific to John Kerry or George W. Bush.

Part A – Either Candidate
Have a small drink or a gulp of beer if either candidate says…..
a. Iran
b. Iraq
c. North Korea
d. Afghanistan
e. Sudan
f. Libya
g. Axis of Evil
h. Gay Marriage
i. United Nations
j. Tax Cuts

Have a larger drink, or shot of booze if either candidate says……
a. Saddam Hussein
b. Osama Bin Ladden
c. Al Qaeda
d. September 11th or 9/11 or World Trade
Center

e. WMD / Weapons of Mass Destruction
f. Homeland Security
g. Nuclear Proliferation
h. If either candidate doesn’t answer the
question

i. If either candidate goes over the time limit
per question (flashing red light)

Part B – George W. Bush
Have a small drink or a gulp of beer If George W. Bush says…..
a. Uhhh…..
b. If George Bush stutters
c. Florida
d. Mentions anything about the Alliance in
Iraq

e. Tony Blair
f. Dick Cheney
g. Terrorist or Terrorism

Have a larger drink, or shot of booze if George W. Bush……
a. Miss-pronounces “nuclear”
b. Mentions a John Kerry “Flip Flop”
c. Mentions anything else about John Kerry’s
voting record

d. Says “War on Terra”
e. Says “Evil-Doers”
f. Says anything connecting Saddam to the
September 11th attacks

g. Commits a “Bushism” – meaning he says
something that doesn’t make any sense

Chug a bottle of Bacardi 151 if George W. Bush
a. Chokes on a pretzel

Part C – John Kerry
Have a small drink or a gulp of beer If John Kerry says…..
a. [Any Number] Billion Dollars
b. Mentions anything about his wife Teresa
Heinz Kerry

c. Four More Years
d. Anything about the economy
e. No Child Left Behind
f. Last Resort
g. Mentions anything about how many troops
have been killed in Iraq

h. John Edwards

Have a larger drink, or shot of booze if John Kerry……
a. Mentions “Mission Accomplished”
b. Mentions anything about Vietnam
c. Mentions anything about Purple Hearts
d. Mentions anything about George W.
Bush’s service in the National Guard

e. Mentions anything about Bush
administration “misjudgments”

f. Mentions anything about unemployment
or loss of jobs under the Bush
administration

Heh, people taking part in that game are bound to become extremely intoxicated...

It's like having a drinking game where you have to drink every time you breathe!

Red Sox vs. Yankees, or Bush vs. Kerry... Heh, plus there's the nlcs game tonight also. I wouldn't be at all surprised if more Americans watch baseball than the debate, this will be interesting.

What makes this game unique? Most Americans start drinking the second they start hearing about our country's problems anyway.

fodders said:

Your country has problems? Why wasn't I imformed of this?

LOL!

But seriously, the list seems needlessly long, and after the first few drinks there's no way one could keep up with everything on the list.

You'd be totally shitfaced by the end of the debate. All that ever happens at these sorts of debates is they just bullshit each other whilst dancing around the real issues which neither of them has a real, desirable, solution to them. I'd rather go to the pub tonight. $10 pitchers of beer, and 10 cent wing night. 8 flavors of wings to choose from.... mmmmm... wings... *salivates*

If anyone plays this, they'll probably die of alcohol poisoning by the end of the night.. you might want to narrow down the words. Since tonights debate i on domestic policy, you might want to try it with international affairs words like Iraq etc... see how many times they'll trail off into that.

Linguica said:

Drink every time Bush stutters or says "uh"? Do you want us to die?

Population control.

Damn, that's tonight? Man, I have stuff to do tonight. Oh well. Just tell me how it turns out.

Also, the debates about domestic issues (a Democrat strongpoint), so you won't see as much mentioning of the War on Terror or Iran or any other such thing. Hopefully.

Should be starting right now, and our pizza should be here in 15 minutes... the liqour cabinet is open just in case.

Well, it's over... Bush did a lot of dodging questions, as I can see(going so far as to interrupt the moderator to "suggest" what he was asking).

Man, I despise Fox News. The first thing they did was rip on Kerry/Edwards for bringing Cheney's daughter into the gay marriage issue.

<sarcasm>Yeah, it's really a low blow to point out that the Vice President is either ineffectual in his daughter's needs, or (more likely)a total hypocrite and quite possibly ashamed of his daughter.</sarcasm>

He already addressed it at the vice presidential debate. I don't believe that bringing either sides of the candidates' families into the debates is fair (for lack of a better word). It just doesn't belong there to me.

Oh and I don't see how he dodged the questions, but of course Kerry fans are going to bash Bush and Bush fans will bash Kerry fans so what's even the point of me making this post on an almost entirely fanatical liberal message board?

Ralphis said:

Oh and I don't see how he dodged the questions, but of course Kerry fans are going to bash Bush and Bush fans will bash Kerry fans so what's even the point of me making this post on an almost entirely fanatical liberal message board?

Most of the dodging Bush did in this last debate was along the lines of referring everything back to education. One thing that just made my head ache was when, in response to an early question about plans to get jobs back, he pushed the education thing. Okay, it's nice that people are going to community college. Wonderful. But the problem is more about jobs going overseas than a lack of education. What good does an associate's degree or [insertcertificationhere] do you if someone from another country got the job you wanted?

Yeah, I found that response rather cruel and retarded. Paraphrasing it, it basicaly went "What would you tell someone whose job was sent overseas to someone who works for 10th less? "I'd tell them they can go to school for cheap so they can get the skills they need." Seriously, what the fuck? They already spent YEARS getting the skills they need in college and now they've fucking lost their jobs and he's basicaly telling them "fuck off and find another career." Thats just rude. Especialy since it's community college he was talking about and it seems NO ONE takes a community college degree seriously. Six semmesters of any subject at a community college pretty much equals a semmester at any half-assed university anymore. I remember looking for a job 2 years ago and not being able to find ANYTHING in the classifieds because they wanted desk clerks with bachelors in english. I'm not making this up. Every fucking thing in the classifieds required at least a bachelors. And they wonder why this state has the 3rd highest unemployment rate.

Anyway, whatever. My final view is that Bush completely had his back against the wall in this debate. None of his responses really answered any of the questsions. If anyone watched this and still supports Bush, well, seek some kind of mental halp.

Danarchy said:

Yeah, I found that response rather cruel and retarded. Paraphrasing it, it basicaly went "What would you tell someone whose job was sent overseas to someone who works for 10th less? "I'd tell them they can go to school for cheap so they can get the skills they need." Seriously, what the fuck? They already spent YEARS getting the skills they need in college and now they've fucking lost their jobs and he's basicaly telling them "fuck off and find another career." Thats just rude. Especialy since it's community college he was talking about and it seems NO ONE takes a community college degree seriously. Six semmesters of any subject at a community college pretty much equals a semmester at any half-assed university anymore. I remember looking for a job 2 years ago and not being able to find ANYTHING in the classifieds because they wanted desk clerks with bachelors in english. I'm not making this up. Every fucking thing in the classifieds required at least a bachelors. And they wonder why this state has the 3rd highest unemployment rate.

I went to a community college for a couple years that I found very impressive. They actually had more computer labs than the state university I now go to and cover a lot of stuff (mainly marketable stuff) sorely lacking here even though this computer science department does go into seriously advanced stuff. Unfortunately along the lines of what you said, no one gives a shit about an Associate's degree no matter where it's from. They'd rather outsource to people who don't even have a degree but can do the work for cheaper.

I go to a community college now and except for their tendency to hold classes at night (sometimes 50 miles away from me, no less), it's pretty damn good. But Danarchy, thanks for reminding me what that question was. I knew there was some reason I had considered his answer so asinine... and that was it. "Hey Bush, I just lost my job to this guy who works for 50 cents an hour, what do I do?" "Go get an education." "What, so I can learn to work for 50 cents an hour too?? Great choice." "Uhm... fuck off?"

It's incredible that this guy still has a chance.

I watched the debate. WTF was wrong with Bush? He seemed stressed and kept smiling most bizarrely. He was really scary!

I saw the debate of 2000 between Bush and Gore aswell and Bush seemed like a totally different man now.

The Dutch media speaks of a victory for Kerry; what does the US media say?

Well, I was looking at a couple news reports on AOL's front page last night, that shows a few polls taken by members - of those who answered a poll question of "have you changed who you support", 16% said they now support Kerry, 11% Bush. Interesting. I almost laughed when I saw the map though... based on the straw poll data, Kerry would have over 300 electoral votes as of now, carrying states such as California and Florida. Besides Texas (34 votes), the biggest state Bush won in was a 15-vote state. Of course, I think this is a poll of AOL members so the data may be slightly skewed, but not by much.

WTF was wrong with Bush? Well, admittedly he did better than in the first debate - someone obviously told him to quit with the scowling and the attitude. "Bizarre smiling" doesn't help him either, though.

Early in the debate, Sen. John Kerry accused Bush of letting Osama Bin Laden escape and chided Bush for being casual about it.

"Six months after he said Osama Bin Laden must be caught dead or alive, this President was asked, 'Where is Osama bin Laden?' He said, 'I don't know. I don't really think about him very much. I'm not that concerned,'" Kerry said.

"We need a President who stays deadly focused on the real war on terror."

Bush scoffed at that.

"Gosh, I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama Bin Laden," Bush said.

"That's kind of one of those - exaggerations," he said, dragging out the last word for comic effect to lampoon Kerry.

But in fact, Kerry was exactly right.

In a March 2002 clip of a White House press conference guaranteed now to be revived for TV airplay, Bush replied to a question about Bin Laden's whereabouts by saying, "I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him. ... I truly am not that concerned about him."

Democrats hammered Bush for the comment.

Last night, the Kerry campaign leapt on Bush's blind spot, declaring it an instance of "Bush vs. Reality."

I saw it again due to noisy fans. I scored it 55-45 Kerry.

It's now closer than it needed to be but I still think Bush will win, just.

pritch said:

I saw it again due to noisy fans. I scored it 55-45 Kerry.

It's now closer than it needed to be but I still think Bush will win, just.

I wouldn't call it just :P