Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ultdoomer

Doom 3 HUD for Classic Doom?

I was wondering if there is a PWAD out there that replaces the status bar in Classic Doom with the cool, futuristic HUD in Doom 3, minus the PDA symbol and stamina bar of course. I know it wouldn't be exactly the same because Classic Doom and Doom 3 use different formats, but they would be similar. If there isn't, is there someone out there willing to make one? There are a lot of talented programmers in the Doom community, so I think it can be done.

Thanks,
Phil

I think it's easily possible to do, given some natural quality loss going to the classic Doom format.

But yeah, that's a good idea. I'd like to see that done, too.

As would I - complete with a more Doom 3-like view bobbing (personally, I think the classic Doom viewbobbing sucks).

I know this is an old thread, but I have yet to see this done, so I was bringing attention back to it. If no one else wants to to it, could someone point out a good BOOM editor that would let me try do this? (I'm not an expert.) I tried DETH, but I get this message:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\DETH\DETH.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

This seems to happen whenever I try to run a program that was built for an older operating system. So could someone point out an editor that would help me do this for Windows XP?

"A boom editor", completley besides the fact such a thing does not exist, wouldnt let you change the status bar, because Boom doesnt support altered status bars, as far as i know only Zdoom does (Cold as hell), i think EDGE is planned to in the future (mainly to show new ammo types), and one of the wacky graphic-tastic ports (Jdoom and Vavoom) might do as well

I made something similar for one of the DooM2.5 releases, but it used actual weapon icons instead of the little dots. Only problem is it lags older computers to fuck. Is actually pretty simple to do though.

Well, zdoom can have new shape status bars, but I hope EDGE gets that feature eventually, I'm tired of the clunky doom status bar, and even the overlay status bar is too big and not very useful(It would be nice to see secondary fire ammo as well, etc.)...

God am i the only one who maximizes away from status bars all the time? Looking at alot of screenies i see it seems that quite a lot of people stil *actually use* them...

ultdoomer said:

Stuff about autoexec.nt

Just create a blank file in your windows/system32 folder called 'autoexec.nt'. Worked for me.