Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DarkQ

Music & Sound

Hi,

Yesterday I proposed to submit to the music and sound section of the project and was advised to post here.

In my free time I compose electronic music and love playing around with synth's, samplers and sound-modules. I also love videogames and DOOM!
I could contribute to the music & the sound section (it seems a bit the part of the project that is the least far in progression).

I do have one question for the music bit : can anyone tell where to get a descent .mid -> .mud convertor tool. I can't find the old MID2MUS.EXE tool anywhere on the net. Back in the old days I could find everything on cdrom.com, but cdrom.com isn't what it used to be...
Ah the good old days ;)

I could also synthesize some sound effects for the project, but I suggest instead of submitting sounds in 8-bit 11khz crappy doom-quality to submit them both in studio quality (24bit, 96khz) or cd-quality (16bit, 44.1khz) together with the doom compatible low quality format. This way the samples can also be reused in other open source projects or maybe in a more hifi freedoom-version (using a more modern doom source-port) in the quality chosen by the designers...

You can find some older stuff of mine here :
http://www.electrobel.be/muzik.php?action=list&type=id&data=206

I'd be interested in your sound effects, especially if you happen to have any weapon-firing and explosion effects. I provided the Shotgun firing sound that's currently in use in the main Freedoom WAD, and as you can see, it's really weak and the pump is warped. At first I thought it was better than the old shotgun (the pump on that one sounded like paper), but it's really no better.

I'm an avid weapon-modder, hence I would love to hear your weapon sounds.

WildWeasel said:

I'd be interested in your sound effects, especially if you happen to have any weapon-firing and explosion effects. I provided the Shotgun firing sound that's currently in use in the main Freedoom WAD, and as you can see, it's really weak and the pump is warped. At first I thought it was better than the old shotgun (the pump on that one sounded like paper), but it's really no better.

I'm an avid weapon-modder, hence I would love to hear your weapon sounds.

How did you generate it? By modifying a base sample or did you completely synthesize it from scratch?

This weekend I'm gonna check what I can do with my ┬ÁModular with some noise and filters...

OK, I just uploaded a first MIDI-file.
I also converted it to MUS, but since I have no stand-alone player for that format. I really didn't test wether the MUS has been converted correctly. I did give the right framerate as parameter to MIDI2MUS.

The MIDI-file will certainly work...

Filename = DarkQ1.zip