Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kristian Ronge

3 random max demos (MAW.ZIP)

Hello all,

I was browsing through the SDA archives today and stumbled upon a fine Grazza speed demo of "Perdition's Maw" (maw3-059.zip). I played the WAD through and found the maps to be cute and entertaining. So I wanted to complement Grazza's map 3 demo with max demos of map 1 and 2 and 3, and here they are ->

Perdition's Maw map 1 UV max in 1:28.
Perdition's Maw map 2 UV max in 1:54.
Perdition's Maw map 3 UV max in 1:21.

Even if you don't plan to watch these demos, I urge you to download the WAD at least, and play it through! These maps are really fun (and small) and make for some quick entertainment.

EDIT: Added a recently recorded map 3 UV max as well.

Cool! It's always nice when a demo leads people to discover a wad that they enjoy.

I'll watch them tonight. (I'm at a hotel that offers in-room broadband access, which is pretty cool, IMO.)

Grazza said:
Cool! It's always nice when a demo leads people to discover a wad that they enjoy.

Yes, isn't it? It's also one of the main importances of demos, IMO. Sort of a "guided tour". ;-) Do you want to go for map 3 UV max?

I got around to doing map 3 UV max myself (see edited first post). Time is 1:21, which is okay, I think. Thanks for the inspiration, Grazza! (And do look at this latest one, I had a different boss shooter tactic which you'll perhaps find interesting...)

Your map01 and map02 demos look very fast to me, though it's a while since I've played these maps. You're welcome to the map03 Max - I'm not in a position to record anything ATM, since I'm away from home with just a notebook and a tiny little mouse (cute but not very precise). I imagine it is quite an interesting one from a route viewpoint.

Grazza said:
You're welcome to the map03 Max [...] I imagine it is quite an interesting one from a route viewpoint.

Yeah, I did it already in fact... The least fun of the maps IMHO but also the easiest, so it didn't take long. As for the route, I imagine there can be substantial improvements, perhaps from infighting or taking out the imps/PEs by a single BFG blast(?).

I'm not in a position to record anything ATM, since I'm away from home with just a notebook and a tiny little mouse (cute but not very precise).

Ah, I see... Still not back, eh? I hope New Zealand is treating you well. :-)

Yes, pretty well. Perfect blue skies for Milford Sound (one of the wettest places on the planet) and Mount Cook, etc. I'll be back in November.