Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OMG, that was damn exciting :)

I shouted out loud "NEIN!" when the damn things happened at the middle of the run (nice AV jump ;). And began to wonder more and more how this great time could come together. The answer made me laugh :) Thx!

BTW. Don't read the txt-file before watching!

Angus Thermopyle said:

I shouted out loud "NEIN!" when the damn things happened at the middle of the run (nice AV jump ;).

Yes, that's not a trick I ever expected to see in a full-game movie run. I love the way Drew packs his 30nms with single-digit-health moments. The later archie trick is also done very gracefully.

Grazza said:

Yes, that's not a trick I ever expected to see in a full-game movie run. I love the way Drew packs his 30nms with single-digit-health moments.

If only it was intentional... getting clobbered like that wasn't part of the plan. :)

Exit time in map 3 is 35.00 ... ouch. :-( (OTOH, exit time in map 20 is 42.97, so I guess it evens out, heheh).

Considering for example the problems in map 4, and 13, and that the time going into map 29 is still 26:59 ... well, figure it out. ;-)

There's definitely still room for improvement, I think. Adding up the best times for each level from all 30nm movies with a total time of 40:00 or better (not counting map32) gives a total time of 28:31 - maybe not quite realistic (yet), but under 30 minutes should definitely be possible (for a player like Drew, anyway ^^), and I'd bet that at some point in the future, under 29 minutes will be achieved, too.

anyone who plays at this level and has the testicles to do the rocketjump exit on map07 (is it even possible in NM?) and then has some better luck on map30 will be pushing for below 29 minutes rather than below 30. but even if the map07 trick is too hard, just getting map30 in a single lift ride would have gotten this demo safely below 30 minutes. I think we'll see it before the end of the year.

But even without that, there's lots of room for improvement. Add up all the current single-player record times for NM (taking the secret exit in map15 and not including map32), and you'll get 24:13. Use the best times for *either* a single-map run or a run of the map in a 30nm movie and you get 23:08.

Unachievable? Who knows. Ten years ago, when DOOM 2 came out, people probably thought beating DOOM 2 on Nightmare! *at all* was impossible, and much less in about 30 minutes. Maybe 5 or 10 years from now, we'll have 30nm2500 runs and the like; I think the number above show that it is at least not *technically* out of question.