Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goat

Half Life 2 has gone bling-bling

Yay ! Now this I'm looking forward to. Let's hope it gets released soon - between this and GTA San Andreas I might just have found a way to fill all my free time in November.

Scuba Steve said:

This just in, Half Life 2 has been leaked.

I hope a closer to final version from the last leak :) That would show Valve.

I've seen parts of HL2 (in videos), played Counter-Strike: Source, and it's everything it SHOULD have been 2 years ago.

Great. Been waiting for this game for bloody ages. I hope you don't the graphic software that Doom3 needs...

Woot!1! 600th post!

Been waiting for this. Not as impatiently as some of the utter fanboys (ie. the ones that downloaded the leak and played it and wanted more), but I have been waiting. The original Half-Life was a good game in my opinion.

WildWeasel said:

The original Half-Life was a good game in my opinion.

Without multiplayer it would be a chunk of crap though.

Lutrov71 said:

I beg to differ. Single-player had its annoyances and faults, but overall it was just as fun as multiplayer. And mind you, I totally exempt Counter-Strike from this because I hate teamplay.

Oops, some kid told me this a couple days ago and I mocked him out of chat for being an idiot (ya know, considering the game had a release date already). Heh.

Ya, the original Half-Life game was good. But what made it so great in the end was its multiplayer and all of the people who made mods for it (CS, DoD, NS, FA, TFC, DM, etc..). Now, thats not to say that the SP wasn't good.. it was.

I'm not so anxious that I'm going to download the leak... I don't usually like to because it spoils some of the awe you get from playing it for the first time.. I purposely didn't download the D3 alpha for that same reason.

Also, Lutrov, if you mean "grpahic hardware," than no. You won't need AS good of hardware but you will need some good stuff. Here are my specs:
GeForce 6800GT 256MB
Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz (HT)
1 GB of RAM.

I get about 80-160FPS in CS:S which is going to be close to what HL2 and the other games are because they run the same engine. So if you have something that will get you at least 15 - 20FPS on D3, than you should be fine. Otherwise, it might not run as well.

S1lent said:

I'm so anxious that I'm going to download the leak... I don't usually like to because it spoils some of the awe you get from playing it for the first time..

I really, really wouldn't bother if I were you. It's a waste of time and nothing much works within it. Unless you want to see 1/10 finished levels with unresponsive enemies...if you can manage to load the levels without crashing

Lutrov71 said:

Oh, like the best thing to come out of HL1 was the amazing deathmatch.

Quast said:

I really, really wouldn't bother if I were you. It's a waste of time and nothing much works within it. Unless you want to see 1/10 finished levels with unresponsive enemies...if you can manage to load the levels without crashing

Sorry, that was a typo, I'm gonna edit that.

I didn't touch the multiplayer component of the original Half-Life, but thought the singleplayer game was very good. I'm definitely looking forward to HL2, though nowhere near as eagerly as the fanboys.

Congratulations to Danarchy, DoomDan & Melfice, this years winners of the Too 1337 4 hype award! May this tin bucket of crap bring you as much joy to you as your pointless trolling brings to everyone else.

Great, now I just need to wait for them to release a playable demo.

Very nice indeed. Half-Life fanboy as I am i'm gonna rush to the store as soon as the game gets here. Hell, I'll even buy the silver edition.

Too bad there's no multiplayer on initial release though. That would have been nice.

And CS:Source ran well on my machine. 60-120 fps with 2xAA/AF. Athlon XP 2800+ 512MB DDR400, Radeon 9800pro

-Jk- said:

Too bad there's no multiplayer on initial release though. That would have been nice.

Huh? Dude, if you bought HL2 via steam, cs:s is out right now. ie: no 'normal' dm...cs:s is the official HL2 mp

Quast said:

Huh? Dude, if you bought HL2 via steam, cs:s is out right now. ie: no 'normal' dm...cs:s is the official HL2 mp

That's what I meant, no normal DM. I'd MUCH prefer HL2DM over CS:S

If it's anything like the first, it'll be a boring, cheat filled, hack ridden cesspool of the universe.

Just to show people how I truly don't care, I will simply refrain from posting on this thread.

... Hmm, no, I guess that doesn't work.

AndrewB said:

Just to show people how I truly don't care, I will simply refrain from posting on this thread.

... Hmm, no, I guess that doesn't work.

Oh my God, AndrewB has to post so that we know that he doesn't care! He can't just not pay attention, he has to make sure we all know he's not paying attention.

You fucking attention whore