Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
z34chris

Barista wad

This game is very interesting but also very remniscient of a Doom competitor called Marathon. Just wondered if the terminals could be multi page and display pictures? Or if the terminal could display an automap view centered on a particular point? Cheers

Marathon 2 was released for windows, and if you look around you can find the "M1A1" project which ports it to SDL for Windows...

It's nothing like Doom, though. Slower, and more reliant on story.

I like both of these games. Marathon is a little slower but so is everything else in the game so its all good. Marathon is more reliant on story, but whoopee. Doom is more of an arcade game whereas Marathon had more depth and more environment. Doom is fun, but I would prefer more of an explanation for everything much like the director's cut of a DVD. Marathon is like a book on tape of sorts. I would like to see more games like this but like to take a break with Doom or Duke. Duke has its place halfway between Marathon and Doom. Marathon, to the best of my knowledge, is available for all platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux, Unix and others). You can alter every facet of the game since it has been released under Gnu. Just visit source.bungie.org for more info. I was only asking the original question since Barista reminded me of this neat game.

z34chris said:

i should stop quoting entire posts just to give a one-word reply

Doom is the best though...

This is like simpsons vs south park vs chappelle show vs soft drinks vs malt beverages vs sports cars. :-)

Doom may not have had an assault rifle with built in grenade launcher that I have seen.(any mods though?) The rifle really kicked arse in multi-player games since bullets and grenades could both be fired at the same time from this weapon. I like both of the games but would like to see some sort of game that is like doom, duke and marathon put together that is as immersive as Myst. I could go on about every pro and con of any of these games, but they were all originally poducts in a catalog that sold and sold very well.

But really, please see the other thread :-)

On 10/19/2004 at 7:42 AM, wildweasel said:

Marathon 2 was released for windows, and if you look around you can find the "M1A1" project which ports it to SDL for Windows...

It's nothing like Doom, though. Slower, and more reliant on story.

Is there a m4a1

21 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

19 years for that joke.

Time well spent king.

Anyway Marathon can be found here:
https://alephone.lhowon.org/

Barista can be found here:
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/a-c/barista

For anyone curious on what the hell is being talked about.

Thanks dude, i was there in the time of the talking but I didn't posted anything in this thread because didn't have a account and also lost my old account in 2016, made a new account this year and came here to make this joke i kept in for 19 years 

1 minute ago, ⇛Marnetmar⇛ said:

I would not want to work as a barista in a doom wad, La Marzocco machines are too expensive to be exposed to demon carnage and the heat from the nearby hell lava would make all your shots pull funny. 

Yeah, it would be very hard to code 

47 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

This thread is old enough to drink.

Forum page turns to dust

Wow, you must be a particularly powerful necromancer to bring back a thread this decrepit. Can you teach me your ways, great master of the arts?

2 hours ago, St. Mildly Annoyed said:

Is this thread nearing a record of the longest time between being revived? Also, nice find Chris.

I think people have dug up those from even older times before

18 minutes ago, St. Mildly Annoyed said:

can you give an example, I'm curious as to what the record is?

This one is a contender. I'm not going to link more threads, partly because there isn't anything else off the top of my head, and partly because I don't want to indirectly encourage necroposting.

I seriously think the old thread warning should be added to the top of the topic page, not just the bottom... but I'm not going to be the judge of that.

Bruh, I can believe somebody necroposted this just for a silly joke...

When this post was made, I was 4... Wtf

11 hours ago, Herr Dethnout said:

Bruh, I can believe somebody necroposted this just for a silly joke...

When this post was made, I was 4... Wtf

My pleasure