Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chronoteeth

What weapons from another FPS would you like to see in a doom mod?

The shotgun and grenade launcher from Terminator Rampage, if I don't manage to rip them myself.

Hellfire missiles, Particle Beam Disruptor, Energy Accumulating Ray Lance, Static Energy Rifle.

DoomDan said:

Grenade Launcher would be cool.

Immoral Conduct SE

zombieribcage said:

there's one in the Dawn of the Dead Doom upgrade for edge

Where can I find this mod?

Nick Perrin said:

Where can I find this mod?

"zombies add-on" on the Immoral Conduct page. requires zombie.wad, and im pretty sure the link to that is in the upgrade's readme.

THAT'S NOT DAWN OF THE DEAD EDGE MOD! It's just an add-on for zombies doom. Although its obviously based off dawn of the dead.

Forget any other weapon from Painkiller, I want THE Painkiller. :D I rarely even fight with anything BUT it. I mean, why bother killing stuff with a shotgun when I can rip them to peices with my own whirling blade of death. :D I especially like how you can launch the blades off at stuff and watch them gib. ^_^

zombieribcage said:

there's one in the Dawn of the Dead Doom upgrade for edge

You're not going to tell me someone needed EDGE to make a Lead Pipe, are you?

Truly I'd like some kind of a good sniper rifle for ZDoom, not the one that doesn't have a scope and is just a reedited version of Railgun with no decals, splatting all monsters weaker than Demons.

Another good weapon could be a Quake-type grenade launcher (also in ZDoom), not the one exploding on some LineDefs with no Good reason, and not the one releasing grenades dashing with speed of 100 units...

Someone also metnioned "The cerebral bore" which is from Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (quite well done game IMO)... but I'd rather like a good bow, witha a full ballistic features for released arrows. And It would be super-1337, if the arrows stuck to surfaces.

Full customizable-on-the-fly weapons, like in Gunman Chronicles. This allows for tons of different firing combinations(I won't really call them all modes).

The Psychosis Gun from Perfect Dark. This gun was so good/potentially gamebreaking (choose one), even when you cheated and had infinite ammo for all guns, it still had only 4 shots.

The weapon from Blood 2. I don't remember what it's called but it summons something like a black hole and everything close to it is sucked into it.

You wouldn't be talking about the Singularity Generator by any chance, would you?
Forget that. I want the voodoo doll and Life Leech.

Also, TimeSplitters 2 has a brick that would be cool as a useless starting weapon, replacing the fist.

Pika132 said:

You wouldn't be talking about the Singularity Generator by any chance, would you?
Forget that. I want the voodoo doll and Life Leech.

Possibly that's the one I'm talking about. It's a fascinating weapon. The Voodoo doll and the Life leech are also cool but the attacks are a bit too simple IMO. (The secondary attacks are better) :)

Also I hate it when the monster is already dead and you keep stinging the doll and you loose some of your own health. You have to be pretty careful when using that weapon. :(

I've decided to get screen grabbed pics of some of the best weapons from the many doom clones, and yes, you can do it yourself, but think of it as this way- I'm doing the work for you.

These are for any one wanting to use weapons from some games for a weapon mod of thier own.

Chronoteeth said:

But you see, that is only Wolf 3d sprites, I'm going to get them all!

I can help with tons of games for you. I recommend getting the pictures from the game's files, not screenshotting them.

Sorry for the double post, but it seems as though i need your help!

1: a FPS called Quiver (check UD) will not allow me to play it! So someone else will have to take care of quiver, also, the old Bethesda Terminator FPSes you cannot get on UD, so someone else will have to take care of that.

2: do all FPSes have an in-game screen-shot button, so you don't have to deal with shit quality and bad errors with prnt scrn?

Most do, some don't. If you can find an editor for the game files (searching on google usually works) that helps as well! XWE supports a lot of oldschool FPS's as well.