Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

John Stewart(EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THIS)

I was able to get an mp3 of this whole thing from elsewhere. It was great. Jon Stewart knows exactly what he's talking about, and those poor clowns on Crossfire simply aren't able to defend themselves from it.

I never liked the Communist News Network (CNN).

Very funny video. IMJack, where'd you get the mp3?

An interesting part in this is when, at several times, both hosts kind of go silent and wait for Jon to carry the conversation. That kind of respect for a guest in any talk show is unusual, and has to be earned (unless there are extraordinary circumstances).

Captain Red said:

Baaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Oh that's brillant!

[THIS PERSON CAN VOTE]

So I'm not allowed to have my own opinion and not like a news network?

AndrewB said:

CNN sucks, but it is in no way "Communist."

I think it is just another case of someone thinking "Hey! communism starts with a c, I don't like CNN, what if I were to call it.. the....Communist News Network! Ingenius! Wait, does communism make any sense being in there?...Oh well, it sounds cool." :D

S1lent said:

You have no opinion, you are led by the nose by Fox news.

a communist news netwrok would be cool. even if just for entertainment value.
i wished i watched it, ok downloading.

I'd rather a communist news network than any of the crap thats around these days.

At any rate, I saw this on Fark soon after it aired. Soon after, I got everyone on #zdoom watching it and much fun was had by all. Man, John Stewart totaly owns. What he said is so true and so sad. Truthful news no longer exists, especialy when it comes to politics. They just do whatever will get them ratings, and they suck up to the Republicrats without a second though. Luckily, there is an alternative. Extremist newspapers are all over the internet, giving their ubiased news,

We're doomed.

S1lent said:

Congratulations, you have the right to have a retarded option. Do you feel better?

When I'm dumb enough to call fox news the nazi news network, you can laugh at me.

i dont take alot of news seriously. i'll do the research if i want answers. newsletters and such are the same way.
i know a guy who wirtes a newsletter. however it is kinda hard to take him seriuosly. after all he has no job, and bush sure isn't stopping him from getting a job. even if he worked for McDonalds for 6 weeks. if i lost my job i would be back looking for a new one. i would get one and then try to find better

fodders said:

You have no opinion, you are led by the nose by Fox news.

Who said I liked Fox news either?

If you really weren't being biased, you should have said that you don't like news channels in general. Specifically stating that you dislike CNN implies bias, so I can totally understand where someone might get the impression that you are a Fox fan. And yes, I realize that this is a discussion about a show on CNN, but you understand what I'm trying to say, right? If you want my honest opinion, it's all crap, but unfortunately, there is no perfect news delivery system. And, being somewhat on topic, I absolutely LOVED that video. I just don't know whether to praise Jon Stewart or despair at the current state of the media.

geekmarine said:

If you really weren't being biased, you should have said that you don't like news channels in general. Specifically stating that you dislike CNN implies bias, so I can totally understand where someone might get the impression that you are a Fox fan. And yes, I realize that this is a discussion about a show on CNN, but you understand what I'm trying to say, right? If you want my honest opinion, it's all crap, but unfortunately, there is no perfect news delivery system. And, being somewhat on topic, I absolutely LOVED that video. I just don't know whether to praise Jon Stewart or despair at the current state of the media.

SO, just because I don't like CNN, automatically means I like Fox News? Hrmm, interesting assumption... care to explain?

Also, who's to say that CNN is not "biased" either? Woulnd't liking CNN indicate bias?

No, I didn't say that at all. Okay, there is a major conflict between CNN and Fox News, which I'm sure you're aware of. What I'm saying is that you have to be aware of that conflict, and understand that people will assume that you're taking sides when you talk negatively about one or the other. You can't just pretend that it doesn't exist or that people are intelligent enough to not assume things. I wasn't saying that I was doing this; I get that you don't like either. And yes, liking CNN is also bias, but come on, do I really need to point that out?

Do I really have to point out all the news channels I don't like in order for people to not make assumptions of what channels I do like?

Danarchy said:

Truthful news no longer exists, especialy when it comes to politics.

Well... you have to look for it. MPR/NPR is for the most part has very good news programming and interviews... PBS also has a few good reporters like Bill Moyers.

S1lent said:

Do I really have to point out all the news channels I don't like in order for people to not make assumptions of what channels I do like?

Simple answer: Yes, yes you do. Sorry to say it, but that's just how the world works. There's a big difference between what you say and what people read into what you say. I know it sucks, but hey, that's life. You can probably tell I have little faith in humanity.

Heh, he owned that little bitchass Tucker for free.

Now to find a permanent download whether or not I have to copy it out of my cache. I hate this streaming shit so you can't keep it and have to always go through that shitty site's spyware.