Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endureth

Go Sox!

My American flatmate has been going nuts about this. I gather its like 2-1 now or something? He explained the play-off thing to me, sounds like a decent format.

pritch said:

My American flatmate has been going nuts about this. I gather its like 2-1 now or something? He explained the play-off thing to me, sounds like a decent format.

No, it's 3-1. Apparently only two professional teams have ever rallied from being under 3-0, and both of those instances were in hockey.

Heh, the dirt dogs can do this, just keep the faith! w00t!

I could have gone tonight, but I'm way too superstitious, I'll take my chances with my lucky chair (which worked out great last year I may add).

generally when I team loses 3 games in a row in astoundingly bad fashion it means the other team is better. Pulling a late game victory out of their asses means nothing, and to win the series they need to win two games at Yankee stadium which I can't see happening.

I'm speaking as an independant 3rd party here too, I'm neither a Yankee nor Red Sox fan (though I would tend to like the Red Sox more), but the Red Sox do not have a chance in hell of winning this series. In fact I wager they'll lose game five tonight.

I'll say go Red Sox, since the Mariners ALWAYS lose to those Yankee assholes in the series.

/bitter ex-baseball fan

Danarchy said:

I'll say go Red Sox, since the Mariners ALWAYS lose to those Yankee assholes in the series.

/bitter ex-baseball fan

I would love to see the Red Sox win the series speaking as a New Yorker who can't stand goddamn Yankee fans any more. It won't happen of course, but man it would be so sweet.

I like to wear my Arizona Diamondbacks 2001 World Series shirt my dad got me (they beat the Yankees) and people will give me funny looks whenever I walk around with it, it's pretty hilarious.

[gocubsyoufuckingretard]When i clicked on this, i thought you meant white sox.[gocubsyoufuckingretard/] I'm not a die hard cubs fan, but i still like them. in MVP 2004 i won the world series with them WITHOUT SAMMY in 2005.

Wtf? How are the Yankees manhandling the goddamn Red Sox? Through sheer luck, and a late inning homerun (game four 8th inning yankee magic LOLOL) they scraped past the Twins.

It's real funny how the Yankees play like shit for the first 6 or 7 innings, get behind then win. I guess they don't hold the record for come from behind wins for nothing.

Vote anybody but the Yankees in '04

I'm sorry but baseball is lame. Why waste a good batt hitting balls when ya can break some ones face?

The sox after all these years got some wins. That is the 5th sign one more and the gates of hell will open on earth.

DooMer87 said:

[gocubsyoufuckingretard]When i clicked on this, i thought you meant white sox.[gocubsyoufuckingretard/] I'm not a die hard cubs fan, but i still like them. in MVP 2004 i won the world series with them WITHOUT SAMMY in 2005.

[whitesoxownzcubs] Yeah, go Cubs. [/whitesoxownzcubs]

okay I was wrong about tonight, but I stand by my prediction that the Red Sox will lose the series :P

fuck though these games are too goddamn long

This is exactly why i follow the 162 game regular season in the papers, and than i watch the playoffs. Thats when it gets exciting, untill than its just logging stats :|

Just logging stats, that is, unless you're a season ticket holder.

That's the great thing about baseball. Anything can happen on any night. Any game has the potential to be incredibly exciting, not just the playoffs.

DMFDxUconn said:

Thats when it gets exciting, untill than its just logging stats :|

Typical Yankee fan. Logging stats, please, you are no Bill James.

2 to go.

gatewatcher said:

Typical Yankee fan. Logging stats, please, you are no Bill James.

2 to go.

Haha, I guess I would have a different perspective on the regular season than a spoiled Yankee fan.

Kid Airbag said:

Haha, I guess I would have a different perspective on the regular season than a spoiled Yankee fan.

Yeah, like "a 162 exhibition season", arrogant jerks.

2 to go. Shilling is back in tomorrow. I hope he's feeling up to it. Game 6 should go to the Sox amd game 7 will be exciting as hell.

-E

Rotting Corpse said:

I'm sorry but baseball is lame. Why waste a good batt hitting balls when ya can break some ones face?

The sox after all these years got some wins. That is the 5th sign one more and the gates of hell will open on earth.

How you've avoided losers all this time I do not know

Rotting Corpse said:

YES BEATING PEOpLE WITH BATS IS CVERY PRODUCTIVE U R A FUKIN GENIASS LOL

The Yankees tried cheating and they still haven't been able to prevent themselves from one of the biggest postseason collapses in sports history.