Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endureth

Go Sox!

Kid Airbag said:

Now we can more fully appreciate the curse of Barry Bonds.

Look what's happened to the Pirates since Barry fucking Bonds put on that fucking Braves hat during the fucking 1992 playoffs.

Yeah, hasn't his head grown like 3 sizes? Steroids is NOT a candy.

-E

sargebaldy said:

Some people take sports way too seriously.

I overheard the sports news this morning while having breakfast, and they were saying things like how it was an act of the gods or some change of the tides or somethings like that, alls I could think was "Man, they won a baseball game, it's as simple as that, they hit balls and caught them better than the other team."

I read an article about some random thing in the newspaper today, and all I could think about was, what's so good about life anyway, you're just going to die in the end.

gatewatcher said:

I read an article about some random thing in the newspaper today, and all I could think about was, what's so good about life anyway, you're just going to die in the end.

Good point.

sargebaldy said:

I'm going to assume that 99% of the people who post here take Doom seriously (or at least did at one point), otherwise they wouldn't be here. I mean, at least sports are real.

Sorry, the double standard was just bugging me too much.

I don't take Doom seriously like a lot of people do sports, talking about curses and treating it more as a competition than a game, obsessing over and putting emotional stock in their own teams. Doom I just.. play. And not for competitive reasons, or to prove I'm better than anyone else. Tell that to a comepetitive clanner maybe, or a speedrunner, but how I play Doom doesn't equate well with how some people treat sports.

sargebaldy said:

So you suggest we just let them play the game and not talk about it afterwards.

Professional sports is as competative as you're gonna get.

-E

sargebaldy said:

I think that's true but I think you also have to make the distinction between people like that and those that are simply passionate about what they do, and indeed competitive people in all aspects of life. I am quite competitive but that doesn't just come out when I play football etc., it also trnaslates into someone offering criticism on my writing etc. I think sometimes it serves you and sometimes works against you.

Anyway congratulations to the Red Sox. It even made the back pages over here. Historic victory!

Alex "I wasn't trying to break your arm, that's just how I run!" Rodriguez - $22 million dollars

Jason "Non-Postseason Roster Invitee" Giambi - $12.5 million dollars

Bernie "Oh shit, it's not 1996 anymore, and I'm 34 years old!" Williams - $12 million dollars

Gary "Ohhhh, that cream!" Sheffield - $13 million dollars

Kevin "2 1/3 innings" Brown - $15.7 million dollars

Derek "Don't tell me hitting .200 in the ALCS isn't clutch; I still made that backhanded flip to beat Oakland three years ago!" Jeter - $18.6 million dollars

Suffering the greatest collapse in the history of sport at the hands of your arch-rivals - Priceless

For everything else, there's Mastercard. Accepted wherever ignorant assholes need it.

Cyb said:

generally when I team loses 3 games in a row in astoundingly bad fashion it means the other team is better. Pulling a late game victory out of their asses means nothing, and to win the series they need to win two games at Yankee stadium which I can't see happening.

I'm speaking as an independant 3rd party here too, I'm neither a Yankee nor Red Sox fan (though I would tend to like the Red Sox more), but the Red Sox do not have a chance in hell of winning this series. In fact I wager they'll lose game five tonight.

8 straight wins in a row. Almost 'nuff said.

After coming back to crush the Yankkees at home in gave 7 10-3, they crushed the Cardinals in a 4 game sweep, never letting the cardinals once be ahead in any of the games.

Ralphis said:

Kid Airbag said:

Yeah, yeah. As long as you keep beating up on the rest of the AFC North, you'll just be another undefeated team for us to knock off after the Patsies get their shit fucked up on Halloween.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Sorry for the bump, I just felt it was necessary to point out how wrong Ralphis was.