Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lerner

Level I made recently

Bargh. My host needs a new free dns provider. Sorry, you'll probably have to check around everyonce in a while to get it.

It's an okay map - a bit lacking in detail, kinda dark in the first room, and a little short and easy...

Never, ever, ever, EVER zip your files with a path. I for one hate having to go into the new folder and bring out the files into the folder I wanted them in, then deleting the folder... but anyway.

The map? Not bad for a first attempt. Of course detail is lacking and there are one or two newbie errors, but you'll figure all that out later, I'm guessing.

Huh? I just used UltimateZip's little Add to blahblah.zip right click thingy. Apparently it doesn't like that. Sorry. Anyways, thanks for the comments. This will help out. My next map is going to be Zdoom only, set on a mountain within hell. I might make a screen shot or two, but right now it's not really much, and I really have to add on to it.

I'm going to assume this is your first map .. It's not bad for a first try. Here's some tips :

You should avoid using the light ceiling flats for entire rooms like you did in some areas.

Alot of it seemed flat and sparse on detail. Add some more height variations and decorations next time.

I'm sure you can make some good stuff if you keep at it. Just be careful when you release to the idgames archives .. :O