Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lüt

Return of the King Extended DVD trailer

Melfice said:

I hope that extre 50 includes the scouring of the Shire :(

It won't. Get over it.

So the running time is what, 4.5 hours now? Or closer to 5?

If I ever buy any of these movies I think I'm just going for the theatrical releases. My experience with owning Apocalypse Now: Redux is that you really have to plan ahead to watch movies of such lurid length, so you don't end up watching them very often.

I said back in May:
I'm waiting for the extended version of the last movie to come out. Then I can get all three and just waste half the day watching the movies all in a row.

Now that time has finally come.

Numbermind said:

I thought that part was confirmed months ago.

Personally I wouldn't know. I just know about it from my best friend whose read the actual books and thought it'd be cool to see. I most generally don't pay attention to all the hype surrounding movie dvd releases and such. Definitely won't be hard for me to "get over it" as Arioch said.

david_a said:

So the running time is what, 4.5 hours now? Or closer to 5?

I think the original was 3:30, which would put this around 4:20... heh, maybe exactly.

Fredrik said:

Tell me when it's available on .avi.

Probably before it's available on DVD.

Lüt said:

Anxiety... overload...

Time to get a DVD player.

WHAT you don't own a DVD player!? man why not? those things are so much better than VHS. Also they have gotten much cheaper. infact at my store a VHS player costs more.

one note about DVD players and old TV's get an RF modulator. Don't run them through a VCR. there can be an issue in doing so, picture cuts out and fades stuff like that. also some RF modules are really really shitty. it may be time to buy a new TV. in which case you really should get an HD compatible TV. those are also dropping in price. you can get a basic one for $400-$600 depending on size. also EDTV or ETV is NOT HD compatible. its just a farse to trick people.

Sephiroth said:

one note about DVD players and old TV's get an RF modulator. Don't run them through a VCR. there can be an issue in doing so, picture cuts out and fades stuff like that.

That's bullshit copy protection in shitty DVD players detecting that they're plugged into a VCR. Oh shit! We can't have people making VHS tapes of DVDs now can we?! The whole industry will be destroyed! Playstation 2 of course has that crap too. But they can't detect all VCR's.

Numbermind said:

I thought that part was confirmed months ago.

it was confirmed to not be in ROTK pretty much from the get-go

though there will be a scene where Sauruman kicks the bucket apparently (in a more dramatic fashion)

Gokuma said:

That's bullshit copy protection in shitty DVD players detecting that they're plugged into a VCR. Oh shit! We can't have people making VHS tapes of DVDs now can we?! The whole industry will be destroyed! Playstation 2 of course has that crap too. But they can't detect all VCR's.

i know. it doesn't do that with my dad's VCR. he has a really old ass TV. however my mom's did it. at first we were confused and i returned the DVD player and got an X-box only to see that do the same thing. it then dawned on my that it was a copy protection.

my friend wonders why his PS2 doesn't play half his CD's. maybe because they are all burned... i think it sometimes plays a few if you do a RAW copy. havnt experimented on it.

PS2 has detection for burnt audio CD's too? Wow, Sony sucks slightly more than I thought (which is already tons).

Back on topic, the special features disc better have this or the whole release just sucks ass.

Gokuma said:

PS2 has detection for burnt audio CD's too?

I'm pretty sure I've used burned CDs on mine just fine. Can't be bothered to check though ;).

Four and a half hours? Goodl lord, that reminds me of that time my dad bought Apocalypse Now: Redux over Pay-Per View. The movie started at like 10, and several hours later we were nodding off in front of it. Great movie though. Love to own it on DVD someday, though I'm kind of interested in how the original movie ran.