Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Problem with ZDoom 1.23B28

For some reason, it won't load up my WADs whenever I try to click and drag them in it. It gives me a cryptic error message and doesn't do anything. Does anyone else know of this?

stupidity cannot be concealed

agreed, but i'll help you out anywayz, since you gave me a cake (which i immediatly threw in the garbage cuz of the piss but still...)

go into DOS (disk operating system)

type cd/doom2

than type ( on your keyboard ) zdoom.exe -file INSERTNAMEHERE.wad

Yeah, what Mac said, though you don't need the file extensions.

(i.e., just type: cd\[doom directory
then: zdoom -file [name of wad])

Works for me.

Yeah, that's what I do. Open up DOS and do it that way. It's a lot easier that way than to search in your folders to find the appropriate wad(s) you want to add, select them all, then drag them into the exe.

This is the way to do it.

Make a txt file, put this text in it and name it zdoom.bat:

@echo off
zdoom.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

The next step is to right click it and choose properties. Now in the program section where it says command line or something, put a ? after the "c:\doom\zdoom.bat" part, or wherever your batch file is. So it says "c:\doom\zdoom.bat ?". Now when you double click it, up comes a box which asks for parameters to pass for the program, such as "-file whateverthehell.wad". Also set the working directory to "c:\doom\" or where ever your zdoom dir is.

The latest ZDoom betas have had this problem for a while. Dragging and dropping (or setting a double click action for .wad files) will bomb it out. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Dragging and dropping the wads works fine for me. Yay! But I can't get the midi to work so I can't get to hear Mephisto Mori's custom music so Boo!

Mephisto Mori

Wow! Where can I get it?? =þ

Uh. I think you mean Momento Mori.

All I done was combine the two wads using Wintex. So now both are included within the main Momento Mori I/II wad.