Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Scientist

Stealing from work

It seems everbody is stealing stuff from the office or school or where-ever it is they're working. It's very common and therefore pretty much accepted. People take pencils, staplers and basically everything they can get their hands on.
The reason I'm posting this is because I'm planning on taking one of the hard disks from the computer on working on right now. Although it's only 4GB it's still better than the 2GB(!) disks I have a home. Anyways, this 4GB thing contains no data and nobody is going to miss it since this entire computer is pretty much discarded.

Having been on Doomworld for a while I imaging some of you have stolen the most incredible stuff from work and are more than willing to share your heroic adventures. So feel free to brag about that one time you stole a live panda bear while working at the zoo during the summer.

I once stole part of the casing from a mouse from my Computer Maintainance class. It was broken, uesless, and had no mouse for it to fit on, so I figured it was fair game. I needed it for a Materials Science project where were needed to collect one of each type of plastic. I think it was a Miscelaneous Plastic (#7), or maybe High Density Polyethelene (HDPE, forget the number). Anyway, my computer maintainace teacher would have killed me if he knew I took it. He was a major asshole and didn't like me anyway, and explicitly stated at the beginning of the year that no piece of computer component was to be taken from the school, no matter how small or useless unless it was thrown in the dumpster first. Ah, the oddities spawned by beaurocracy.

Somehow i've managed to never steal anything my entire life... wow, how the fuck did I manage that so far...

I'm one of those people who borrow pencils and stuff.. then forget to take them out of my pocket.

I've learned that when all your friends are artists, we just accidentally steal everyones shit so much we maintain a perfect balance.

I have some textbooks I never returned. I didn't try to steal them or anything since they are quite useless to me now. I even have a language and health book from my fourth grade class, too! :p

I once stole a few bolts from a space shuttle called the Apollo 13. I figured no-one would miss them...
:-)

seriously: I've taken pens, markers, paper, floppydisks, mugs, magazines (scientific), packages of coffee/ tea/ sugar/ cookies; all the usual small stuff.

Now that I have confessed my sins, I wouldn't go to hell right?

Money and, erm, A4 paper from work. The money was only the odd quid here and there for bus fares and such. A bit of till record manipulation removes all traces of my fiddling.

The code when I was in the Navy was "If it's not nailed down, it's mine, and if I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down" :)

I "forgot" to return a $120 Otto Bacher metal Jazz mouthpiece to my school after my teacher lent it to me for my Jazz ensemble. Still have it today and I'm rather fond of it. I also "forgot" to return their bari sax neckstrap, which works nicely on my tenor sax. Those are probably the most expensive things I've stolen or forgotten to return.

*Sigh* we need to return to the good ol' days and hang people who steal.

Everybody fucking steals today.

Heh, I heard the other day of a woman who borrowed $10 from a cash drawer so she could get home (she even paid it back the next day). She got fired. Around the same time, an executive in the same company embezzled some amount of money in the 6 digit range and got away with a warning.

When I worked at Northwestern I never had to steal anything from them; they were more than happy to dump their old crap on me and I was free to raid the hardware recycling bin whenever I pleased. This is a picture of my car after one of my raids. The majority of those things actually worked too. The best working computer I got from there was a Dual Pentium Pro 200MHz WindowsNT server. I also got a different P200 with a 3D card, 128MB RAM, 8.4 GB drive and 12x CD burner, which runs surprisingly fast and stable as my secondary/backup PC even today. I threw away a lot of things when I moved, but there's still piles of junk in the basement and porch of my old house which no doubt rivaled Sephiroth's pile of junk in their prime.

i have never stolen anything from my current work. no reason to and not worth getting fired over. honestly i just wouldn't take the hard drive.

i would ask. if not you can find plenty of 4GB drives for dirt cheap, under $10.
some places may not give a shit. infact when i worked krogers they wanted us the "take" expired items. mostly magazines and food. however my current work place will fire you for ANY theft. even a candy bar or beef jerky.

hell if you are gonna steal why not go for the gold. i hear the 40GB hard drive calling you.

I don't steal anything from my work. I did end up with a 120 gb drive that was left over, but it was given to me but the higher ups.

Stealing is beneath my station... although this keyboard was stolen years back by my brother, from his workplace.

Job said:

I "forgot" to return a $120 Otto Bacher metal Jazz mouthpiece to my school after my teacher lent it to me for my Jazz ensemble. Still have it today and I'm rather fond of it. I also "forgot" to return their bari sax neckstrap, which works nicely on my tenor sax. Those are probably the most expensive things I've stolen or forgotten to return.

Come join my jazz ensemble where I arrange video game music

I work at home, so there isn't much stealing going on. We are, however, thankful for the expensive Corporate License software that originated from my brother-in-law's last workplace.

I've stolen all kinds of misc. crap from my old work. I stole a lego guy in grade 1 and took it home. I also stole a book in grade 1 from the library.

i did once "steal" duke3d from wal-mart. i had bought duke3d and got home only to find out there was no game disk! so i went back with the box and recite to trade in. however they wouldn't do it. so i came back 2 days later with my box and swapped it.

I later understood how the disk could have been lost. it was in a single paper sleeve that can easily slide out of the box.

dsm said:

Everybody fucking steals today.

Probably because everything is so damned expensive.

I can honestly say that I've never stolen anything from a place of employment. But there were plenty of times when I simply forgot to put something back where it belonged, or forgot to put back change from the petty cash.

I've half-inched a few things in my time. Very naughty. With work I think it's all relative. If they treat you like shit I have no problem taking minor things, like I used to eat candy that was supposed to be the topping on desserts at TGI Fridays. Asshole kitchen manager called that stealing. So I took two packets home. TGI's is a bag of wank.

One day I was riding my bike through a shopping street when two cops stopped me and told me I "ignored a traffic sign" telling me that I was not allowed to ride a bike there. I just smiled and apoligized figuring they'd give me a warning and let me move on. Instead they gave me a fine of around 20 euros and some stupid remarks.
At home I got pretty upset so one night I stole the traffic sign. But I don't really consider this "stealing" since I did pay 20 euros for it.

I actually got an entire computer from school once - it was a Pentium 120, 32 MB of Ram, running Windows 95 OSR2, and had two 1 GB hard drives. I promptly uninstalled Windows and loaded it up with Dos 6.22, and it's now our designated Old Games system. Crusader: No Regret = No Problem.

Scientist said:

One day I was riding my bike through a shopping street when two cops stopped me and told me I "ignored a traffic sign" telling me that I was not allowed to ride a bike there. I just smiled and apoligized figuring they'd give me a warning and let me move on. Instead they gave me a fine of around 20 euros and some stupid remarks.
At home I got pretty upset so one night I stole the traffic sign.

This goes completely against everything I stand for, but - LOL.

WildWeasel said:

Crusader: No Regret = No Problem.

Oh sweet, I rememeber playing that on my brother's computer way before I had my own. I don't remember ever getting past level 4 or 5, but that didn't stop us from fighting over who used the PC. Man I guess that really was over a decade ago o_o

Ralphis said:

Come join my jazz ensemble where I arrange video game music

Okay.