Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beddoom

The large chap with the seeker friends in hell

Destroy the seekers with the RL (there's ammo hiding in the shadows near those wall sections), then bombard the blue light that appears over the Guardian's head with the RL. He doesn't take an awful lot of rockets to put to sleep.

I just sniped them with a pistol.. or machine gun... or plasma gun.. or whatever it was they gave you in Hell.

Chaingun, machine gun and the plasma rifle do an excellent job of destroying the seekers. Beyond that, I'd suggest the BFG or plasma rifle for the guardian itself.

I don't play videogames so I can be told what to do by some little floaty talking box. But yeah, I used my plasma rifle to take out the seekers, that zoom function they put in the game sure is handy. Then I just shot the blue thingy with rockets. Chaingun works pretty good on the seekers too.

Turns out i was aiming too low, at the gaping wound that opens up when the seekers regenerate rather than the blue light, out of hell now.

Relica Religia said:

Can't anybody hear the Soulcube tell you what you need to do?

Either the soulcube didn't explain well enough or I'm just stupid because it took me a while to figure out where to shoot too.

pritch said:

Either the soulcube didn't explain well enough or I'm just stupid because it took me a while to figure out where to shoot too.

Same here - I never figured out on my own. I never had trouble understanding the blatant soulcube hint, what I didn't understand was why the Guardian wasn't hurt when I hit it after killing off the seekers.

I kept thinking that I wasn't quick enough to harm him before the new seekers got spawned.
Never even once considered that the target was something as illogical as light! I mean, light isn't solid - you can't damage light itself (but you can kill the light source).

First time I fought him, I shot the living fuck outta him after I destroyed the Seekers. It actually seeemed to hurt him (of course now I know better) so I kept doing it. Then I thought about shooting the light, figuring they woulnd't just pop it up to make it look good. I agree with dsm though, u should've been able to just shoot the monster. Killing the demon by actually shooting him rather than some dumb light over his head would've been much more gratifying.

It took me about 6 or 7 attempts against the guardian, as i was trying to figure it out for myself. I originally thought the soulcube meant that the guardian would no longer be invincible should you destroy the seekers, then i saw that blue orb above its head when it summons more and thought hello. Of course a low fram rate didn't help either.

I used the shotgun\chaingun on the seekers and the rocket launcher on the guardian and had no problem once i figured it out.

Strangely, I beat the Guardian on my first try and leaving me with less than 25% health remaining.