Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
baharom

How to update ATI driver for 9600XT?

Apologies in advance if this is a no brainer. Im new to this stuff. Can someone help me with some instructions on how to update my driver for my newly purchased powercolor radeon 9600xt bravo 256mb. Do I need to? My driver version is 6.14.10.6387, the date stamp looks old ('03).
P4 1.8GHz, 768mb ram. Any other tweaks I should consider?
I found some really good help here last night - VPU recovery kicked in when the card didnt respond to the driver. The fix seemed to work. Great forum!

Thanks so much - its a big file - 44mb - is that normal? Looks like a whole application - does it contain all the drivers for the radeon family? Do i save to disk then run it, like most other downloads? Appreciate your help.

Get the 26 meg version (the first one on the list). You dont need the larger package. Save it to your hard drive somewhere and run it. If you're on dial-up, you can instead choose to use get the same package in three seprate files (scroll down on that page to find them).

Yes, all radeon cards use these drivers.

the ATI 9600XT card is nice. i have had no issue with it. have hit some areas with slowdown.

MP is very fast and looks great.

other than that an update to CPU would be a good idea. however it is most likly the older P4, the big one. you may be able to go up to 2Ghz or so. i would not recommend over clocking. i hear doom doesn't like it as well.

also there is an ATI "patch" for doom3 which can improve preformance with ATI cards.

thanks. where do you get the ATI doom 3 patch?

Also, where's the best place to get directx 9c? and is it worth doing if i already have 9b?

Finally, on this pc im still on xp sp1, does sp2 make any difference and will it bugger up settings which are already working reasonably well (at least against what im used to - my last graphics card was a gf2 64mb).

Ta.