Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madmax

Duke 64 mod for Zdoom

I was wondering if anyone would fecking make a Doom converstion for Duke3D.

I've almost always tried to make my Duke levels in the Doom style. It's tough sometimes, because the Duke engine is inferior to Doom's in some ways, or I just don't know everything about it yet, I don't know.

It would be my dream to have the Doom enemies with the Duke Nukem 3D engine. I think the enemy balance is too off, and the weapon balence doesn't help either; Duke Nukem could benefit from a Super Shotgun, imo.

EDIT: Wait, there is a Doom conversion for Duke3D? I'll believe it when i see it. All the DN websites I've seen towards modding wre old ass, abandoned angelfire domains from 1998.

Someone could.
However almost 80% of talented ones are now working on their projects so it's up to You :P

I would like to see a Duke 64 weapons mod for ZDoom, actually. I liked the N64 version's weapons better - the Grenade Launcher, the twin SMG's, the alternate ammo types (like the pistol's dum-dum rounds, shotgun's explosive shells, homing missiles), the Plasma Cannon...and they felt much more powerful than the PC version's weapons (I hated the Chaingun Cannon - it never seemed strong enough)

Sounded like a broken smg with a silencer, too ;) I loved the dual MP5k's in Duke 64, though, despite their weakness. The grenade launcher is technically already available. It's the same GL from Shadow Warrior with Duke's hand instead of Lo Wang's. The redesigned rocket launcher was better, too, imo.

WildWeasel said:

I would like to see a Duke 64 weapons mod for ZDoom, actually. I liked the N64 version's weapons better - the Grenade Launcher, the twin SMG's, the alternate ammo types (like the pistol's dum-dum rounds, shotgun's explosive shells, homing missiles), the Plasma Cannon...and they felt much more powerful than the PC version's weapons (I hated the Chaingun Cannon - it never seemed strong enough)

I really liked Duke 64.Alot better then the crappy Saturn and PSX versions.I wish someone could make a TC for it on the PC.

Edited for the typo[see comments below]

DoomDan said:

I really liked Duke 64.Alot better then the crappy Saturn and N64 versions.

I thought you just said you liked it. :P

Bashe said:

Damn, its for the DOS version.

Make a shortcut or put this in command line, with whatever port you use.

/gdoom.grp /xdoom.con

Is it me or is that Doom conversion for Duke 3D corrupted? I keep getting a "runtime error 200 at 0120:0091" error whenever I try and run it. I do have Atomic Edition and that runs fine, so I don't know what the problem is. I've tried using VDMS sound but no luck.

Argh...I'm having trouble with this mod, too. It seems whenever I do anything (shoot, have a Caco attack me) the game just crashes. I'm using a JonoF's Duke port.

Well, I've just ripped screenshots of all the guns in Duke Nukem 64, so I can get to work on a Duke 64 weapons mod. It'll have to be for EDGE, because if I were to use ZDoom I wouldn't have enough projectiles, and no alternate ammo types. I can already say that Tripmines won't make the cut, and the only weapon that didn't get new graphics in the N64 version was the Mighty Foot.

Off I go to work.

pilottobombadier said:

Shadow Warrior with Duke's hand instead of Lo Wang's.

Ah. Shadow Warrior. Anybody knows what happend to Lo Wang? Is he dead?

Just for the record: Duke 64's grenade launcher is not the same as Shadow Warrior's. The design is very different.

Bashe said:

Argh...I'm having trouble with this mod, too. It seems whenever I do anything (shoot, have a Caco attack me) the game just crashes. I'm using a JonoF's Duke port.

I have JonoF's port, but I can't even get it to load, how did you manage to do it (albeit it screwed up as it is)?

Ebdoom has a lot of Duke monster sprites, may be with a some patience..

Well I guess this TC doesn't work on ports.
You're not missing much anyways, the imp flyed and most monster just made "UGGGGG" Sounds.