Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

Black spaces in between textures??

So I added some new textures into a wad, and used XWE to add them to PNAMES lump and TEXTURES lump. I checked the TEXTURES lump to make sure it had the right sizes for each texture, but for some reason some textures, when seen in-game, are not tile correctly, instead each tile of te texture is separated by black!

This only happens with wall textures. I use doombuilder to make maps, and in the 3d view the textures look fine. However, I really don't know what's causing this to happen, if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks.

Are the new problematic textures non-power-of-2 ones? I think these cause problems in some source ports.

What Lobo said. Also, try stick to 'vanilla doom' dimensions. Eg. a texture with x=40 will not tile correctly even if most leveleditors will show the texture just fine.

oh man, that sucks. I'll try and see if doing so fixes my problem tonight, when i get home... Is there any way around that? thanks for the help.

Okay, i tried changing the widths of a few textures to powers of two, but it still has black spaces! Do I have to make the length a power of two as well? Or is there any other solution??

i've been having this exact problem in the past couple days, it seems to happen with smaller textures, i just went into an editor, and tiled it 4 times, so the texture was bigger, it seemed to fix the problem. There may be a better way though.

Don't forget to post back and let us know, just for future reference in case it happens to someone else :)

I GOT IT FIXED! I realized that after I changed the texture sizes in wintex, I forgot to change them as well in the TEXTURES lump. Now the problem is fixed. Thanks everybody for the help!

If you're using xwe, you actually need to 'save' changes in the texture options menu for the changes to take effect. Maybe that's why it's not working for you?

ive done that to, ive done everything ive been told to do, i think maybe theres a problem in the wad file ive been working on.