Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Maybe this guy doesn't like his job

Damn, Jeff rules! You've only got to spend half an hour on any game server to know he's absolutely positively 100% correct.

I wouldn't want his job (and neither would he, it seems).

So some whiner doesn't want to do his job. The least he can do is come up with a zinger toher than "suck me".

Danarchy said:

So some whiner doesn't want to do his job. The least he can do is come up with a zinger toher than "suck me".

A thought : did you actually read the article? I got the impression he was fed up with the spoons on the forums requesting stuff more than his job.

For example :

That angry frood said:

I'm trying to fix the god damn game but you little whiney bitches want new shit too. New shit equals more bugs. IT NEVER ENDS! WHEN I GET ON TOP OF THE HILL I GET BURIED IN A BIGGER PILE OF DUNG! I HATE YOU ALL! DIE!

KTHNXBYE

Edit : Damn mistakes.

I get the impression that it's not so much the work as the people he has to put up with, that is, the idiot players.

The work caused by the idiot players. I sympathize with what he calls the "Moron Factor", or whatever. I've gotten stuck making changes to software because of something that no person who had the slightest clue of what software does would ever attempt. "Oh, I'm sorry, you're complaining that there's no double-click function? Hey douchebag, it's a WEB APP."

The DCMA has the opposite of its intended effect. This makes me WANT to post warez and rip mp3s to fuck those corporate dipshits over.

This page has been removed from the server.

Lucas Arts legal contacted my ISP, my ISP sent me this:

Dear Intermedia.NET customer:

Intermedia.NET has received notice of alleged infringement in connection with your Intermedia.NET account for the website located at leftcorner.com, specifically http://www.leftcorner.com/swg/ff/ff6.htm.

In accordance with Intermedia.NET's Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy, Intermedia.NET requests that you act as soon as possible either to remove the allegedly infringing material from the website or to provide Intermedia.NET with a valid counter-notification indicating you believe the copyright infringement notice is the result of some error. The policy including counter-notification procedures is attached to this email message.

If you fail to remove the allegedly infringing material or fail to provide Intermedia.NET with a valid counter-notification within twenty-four (24) hours of this notice, Intermedia.NET will be forced to disable access to the website referenced above.

Please let me know immediately if you have questions regarding the information contained in this message.

Very truly yours,

[Guy from Intermedia]

kinky, what ever the hell that means.

all i know is something was there and now its gone. someone must have been pissed off about what ever it was.

Talk about burning bridges...

1. If you don't like your job, just quit. Don't make an ass out of yourself.

2. Nobody is going to suck you, so quit begging.

3. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. And not being able to stand the heat ruins any future prospects of you working at Burger King or McDonalds.

-E

Woohoo, it's still in my Firefox cache. But seriously, WTF. Is LucasArt trying to sue him for copyright infringement now or something? I don't get it.

Abbreviated version for anyone who didn't beat the erasure:

Greetings and suck me. I'm Jeff Woods, maintenance programmer for [DELETED NAME OF POPULAR MMORPG]. As a maintenance programmer it is my responsibility to manage existing code, write bug fixes, integrate new code while analyzing its impact on existing functionality and be the brunt of your jokes and flames on the forums. Suck me. I'm writing this Friday Feature because I'm about sick of your, the valued customer's, torrent of never ending sass-mouth and ill-informed crap. I repeat, suck me. Suck me long. Suck me hard.

{SNIP}

Plus I don't make the decisions, I just code. I wish I did. I'd put a god damn virus in each and every one of your machines and blow up your shit!

Why don't you test the code before you deploy it?

Hey! Why don't you suck me!?

We do test it Corky. Unfortunately we can not test to the level of ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND concurrent users to see EVERY bug that may exist. Also some bugs require the "Moron Quotient". That's where you come in. Only morons could uncover some of this crap because right thinking people don't dismount their swoop while trying to call a pet going into a Krayt spawn with orange hotpants AND trying to compose a new email at the same time.

{'NOTHER SNIP}

TKs shoud haev stun Vibrator Knuckles w/ Mind Fire!11

And your parents should have had an abortion...although I do agree that the game needs "Vibrator Knuckles". Hell, Vibrator anything...damn "T for Teen" rating. You get half credit, I kill you last.

I can't read these ideas. I actually feel myself getting dumber if I do. I don't get paid enough for this crap...I quit. After two years of this crap I'M OUT!

Suck me.

- Jeff

Danarchy said:

Woohoo, it's still in my Firefox cache. But seriously, WTF. Is LucasArt trying to sue him for copyright infringement now or something? I don't get it.

I think maybe he works for Lucasarts.......but i dont kno....i didnt beat the erasure

Yes, I know he works for LucasArt, but I completely don't understand that new page. WTF is it implying?

LucasArts don't want disgruntled ex-employees upsetting people who play their games.

Jeff rules, in some ways. His language needs work (there are a million better insults out there than "suck me"), but I whole-heartedly agree with his opinions. I'm sure some people in this community share the same thoughts - like the source-port programmers having to deal with all the crap about how their port sucks.

He probably wasn't good enough to fix the bugs.

pilottobombadier said:

Then Lucas Arts should start making AAA games again instead of rehashing engines, or making new ones that are in serious need of bug-testing.

Give this man a cookie. No wait, two cookies!

-E