Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tobester

Uninstall problem

Heya, sorry if someone else has already had this problem and I missed it, but I'm having some trouble. I tried asking on the planetdoom forums before I remembered 'wtf Im kind of a newsie on doomworld what the hell am I doing here' and got one reply that didnt help at all and I kinda feel retarded.
I got Doom3 and installed it back in August, and all was well. However, about a month later (and me not that far into the game; I beleive I was in the Delta Labs) the HD I had installed it to died. Although I was able to salvage the savegames from the HD, I can't uninstall the game so I can reinstall it. I've tried from Control Panel, from the CD, from the Start Menu group. Each time I try, the game 'uninstalls', but the only difference I see is that the 'Uninstall' option on the CD is changed to 'Install'; When I click it, it tries (and fails) to uninstall. Short of a format, is there anything I can do? I'm sure I could probably do something with the registry, but I have no idea what to do there, either.

I dont think doom3 records any important information in the registry. You could simply copy the contents of the CD into the doom3 directory, overwriting what's there already.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you try to run the game in this state?

I should've mentioned thats one fix-all i'd rather not to have to try; Call me lazy (cause thats what it feels like to me), but I'd rather have everything fixed proper and clean than do it like that. But otherwise, I'm sure it'd work like that (after changing around where the shortcuts point and all that).