Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Bill Maher Tells It Like It Is

While I agree mostly with what Bill Maher has to say on stuff, there are certain things where I do disagree. But regardless, whenever I watch his show I always get depressed even though its funny at times. Just reminds you of all the crap thats going on and all the potential crap that can happen in the 4 years if Bush is re-elected.

Damnit, I would be right there with those protest types if their music wasn't so horrible. White people trying to revive classic R&B... ugh.

Anyway, Bill Maher's face looks like a foot. And it looks like he wants to move to Sweden. So, let him.

sargebaldy said:

America is a joke, don't buy into it. Patriotic Americans are just as much pawns as Christian fanatics.

I think you really need to educate yourself more on that theory.... I feel that it's a bit misguided. In case you haven't noticed, a lot of America's Christian heritage is slowly being taken away and "banned" from a lot of the country. SLOWLY, but surely.

sargebaldy said:

America is a joke, don't buy into it. Patriotic Americans are just as much pawns as Christian fanatics.

Hardly. I am very patriotic, I love my country, but that doesn't mean I just blindly follow what the government is doing.

S1lent said:

I think you really need to educate yourself more on that theory.... I feel that it's a bit misguided. In case you haven't noticed, a lot of America's Christian heritage is slowly being taken away and "banned" from a lot of the country. SLOWLY, but surely.

What Christian heritage? Half the founding fathers were basicaly agnostic, few people attended church in the early days of our country, many of the first settlers fled England to get away from the Anglican Church, and the seperation of church and state that we have by law is no accident. The tale of a Christian-founded America was a lie that came out of the South following the Civil War.

And I don't see any kind of "banning" of Christianity going on. If anything, certain factions of the government are moving to turn us into a theocracy, which is wrong. This country was founded on the ideals of equality, freedom of speech, freedom of expression and freedom of religion. All religion.

S1lent said:

Ahh yes, the paranoid fantasies of the religious right. Are you referring to that hunk of granite that was shifted from the supreme court?

That was a state Supreme Court. I kind of thought he was talking about removing "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance.

sargebaldy said:

That was a state Supreme Court. I kind of thought he was talking about removing "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance.

You mean that phrase that wasn't in the pledge in the first place until it was added in by anti-commie apparatchiks?

Linguica said:

You mean that phrase that wasn't in the pledge in the first place until it was added in by anti-commie apparatchiks?

That would be the one. Which also happens to the same guys who made sure all currency said "in God we trust". I wonder if there was maybe a reason that stuff was left out in the first place.... HMMM

Linguica said:

You know better than to trust the factual distortion of the Liberal Left, Ling.

The whole world is fucked when we reach peak oil in 2010. For the human race to survive, we need a mass population decrease and that's exactly what the elites will do.

On the issue of kerry and bush, i don't trust them both. kerry seemed alright in the beginning but the more i read into his beliefs of what he believes is right for the country, the more he sounds like bush.....they were both part of skull and bones....

shoot, i'm probably going to be drafted next year to fight in the friggin resource wars.

Grimm said:

Bill Maher is a fucking idiot bigot

Honestly -- all he does it complain about stuff and how stupid Americans are. Oh, and how religious people have brain trouble.

His opinion isn't any more valid or important than any of ours -- yet people think he's a g-en-iou-s (it was censored earlier) or something because he's a famous person aggressively criticizing the President, the war, religion, etc.

Meh. Waste of time to read such garbage. I think I'll go read Painkiller's instruction manual now.

Ultraviolet said:

It wasn't censored, you misspelled it, genius.

Heh! I put an extra "o" in there and it shows up as a line of asterisks. Weird.

Danarchy said:

He's a genius because he's right, Since when has anger made people smart?

Forgive the double post.

But, by this logic, everyone who's "right" just for calling Americans stupid, religious people insane, and criticizing Bush -- is a genius.

I'm just saying, people shouldn't be so quick to jump on the Bill Maher bandwagon (or anyone else's bandwagon), just because he's really loud and offensive with his opinion.

The whole world is fucked when we reach peak oil in 2010. For the human race to survive, we need a mass population decrease and that's exactly what the elites will do.

Anybody who says things like this should be blacklisted and never allowed to open thier mouths again, including to eat!

He's loud and offensive? I wouldn't call him or anyone else "right" but by being somewhat controversial he raises some good points and I for one find him rather amusing.