Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Stupidest shit ever

Voting is only the 2nd half of the battle. Voting for the sake of actually participating in the electoral process means jack shit unless you actually know who and what you're voting for.

My momma always said that stupid is as stupid does...then she beat me with a frying pan because she said I was special and couldn't learn so I needed to have the sense beat into me.

Various responses:

1. Don't you love what the mainstream does with video games? It's so cool! I mean really, it's not the least bit lame. It rocks too!

2. We're all dumber for having watched that.

5. Stand and lose/fuck it up for all of us who are actually informed.

7. I've lost so many brain cells from that I can't even count right anymore.

Thanks to this atrocity. I have just decided I will not be voting in this election.

Danarchy said:

I voted last night, and spent over 3 hours choosing and researching.

Couldn't decide which candidates and positions were the furthest left wing, eh?

OLOLOLOLOL

No, I was trying to divine which initiatives and candidates would be best for the people. Just because a lot of my viewpoints are leftist doesn't mean I TRY to be leftist.

I practiced my democratic right to skate and vote (not that I'm very good at skating). I dropped my ballot in the mailbox while still standing on my board. I just voted Kerry because I don't think this country or the world can take another four years of Bush Cheney & Friends, and then I voted for two Libertarians and three Greens. For one position there was no Libertarian and another there was no Green so the votes aren't split as bad as you'd think. I don't care if Greens are more left while Liberatians are more right, they're both more rational than the corporate parties.

For a little state rep position there was only a Republican with no one running against him, so I wrote John Stewart for the hell of it. Legally I should be allowed to write in Saddam Hussein or whatever the hell and was seriously thinking of writing him in to be funny. But I don't trust the system and don't want to run the risk of my ballot being conveniently voided, lost, or somehow tracked back to me even though the law says it's supposed to be completely anonymous. Ashcraft may cry terrorist and we all know that supersedes the Consitution. I wonder how many jokers are writing in Saddam Hussein. It would be hilarious if that actually beat that lone candiate, even though he'd win by default with Saddam being disqualified for not being a US citizen let alone a qualifying resident of the state district.

I highly suggest ignoring polls. They're run by republicans with flawed methods and alterior motives. Go to http://moveon.org and click the galloping to the right image. Or here's a direct link. Bush may very well lose by landslide but you won't know it until it happens. Or the country may still just be dumb as shit. Personally I predict Kerry winning while minor parties win a good number (although still not too many) of lower positions. I really hope I'm not wrong.

Scuba Steve said:

I wish there was a campaign called "Go out, research the issues and go make an informed decision at the polls."

yeah, but that would make sense, and we're not about making sense. this is america damnit! vote or die!!

Gokuma said:

I highly suggest ignoring polls. They're run by republicans with flawed methods and alterior motives. Go to http://moveon.org

Yes because moveon.org has no political affiliations or alterior motives whatsoever. Uh huh.

Linguica said:

Yes because moveon.org has no political affiliations or alterior motives whatsoever. Uh huh.

Moveon.org is pro-sanity. Actually there's a good amount of republicans that oppose the neocons but are being suppressed.

Did you miss the freaking insane quotes from George Gallop Jr. calling his polls "a kind of ministry" and saying "the most profound purpose of polls is to see how people are responding to God." The article points out other problems and examples besides the owner's delusional babble.

Danarchy said:

Cake or death!

"Erm, cake please..."
"Very well. Give him CAKE!"

[/Izzard]

Danarchy said:

Cake or death!

I labeled a cd Die or Die! because I had Skate or Die! and Ski or Die! both on it. Like totally fear their ega/cga/tandy graphics or die! They should make those video mods with them.

Linguica said:

I GOT A CUSTOM TITLE! FINALLY! WOOHOO!!!!! THANKS LING! :D:D:D

Remember though....stupidest wasn't a word until very recently, because people kept saying it. Just like "double double" is now in the canadian dictionary, as so many ppl here drink double double coffee from tim hortons. 2 cream, 2 sugar.