Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

new enemies

Ok, i have a project in the works right now, im in the process right now of replacing sprites, what i have is a new pistol that i created from scratch ( very cool ) and i have a rifle that im still doing some coloring with. Im using a photo workshop program to do the coloring, and i just started thinking about the new enemies for my project. should i use some other enemies already made, or should i take the super long process of hand drawing, scanning, and then doing the super detailed coloring with photo shop. as you could guess, im anxious to get this project done, which ive been workin on forever. I would like to find some already created enemies that are rather cool that I could put into my project. And I havent managed to find any good ones. Anyone have any ideas on where i can find 'em?

It would be cool if you could include just 1 monster that you've made all by yourself like an end boss or something.
I'd love to see what you can do.

thanks for the monster resource pack, im sure it will work out great. ill probably make 1 new monster. The whole theme is a huge city with some duke nukem textures. im gonna replace the pistol and chaingun with my custom made pistol and assault rifle. then ill add some new enemies, music, sounds, and other crap.

A new monster would be way cool! I've used Doom64, Sirens, and an oddball (I don't know where it came from) monster, and successfully got them working in my maps. Never could get anything from Monsters.wad to work, even in ZDoom. Some really good stuff in that, so if anyone has any ideas to help, I would sure appreciate it. :)

well my megawad is only for zdoom. i dont know why, but the new images that ive created just wont work with regular doom, works fine in zdoom. when i boot up regular doom, the guns arent there. but when i play it with zdoom it works fine, but that cool cuz my level design is going to be too good to run for regular doom anyway.

corrupt_marine said:

well my megawad is only for zdoom. i dont know why, but the new images that ive created just wont work with regular doom, works fine in zdoom. when i boot up regular doom, the guns arent there. but when i play it with zdoom it works fine, but that cool cuz my level design is going to be too good to run for regular doom anyway.

That is a typical problem. You have to add EVERY sprite of the IWAD in your PWAD and then replace the ones that you want. Then you will see the weapons in regular Doom.
It's a Doom bug but it's fixed in Zdoom (and other ports).

You don't have to add every sprite to get wads w/ new sprites to work with the original .exe, there are ways around it (involving DeHackEd and renamed sprites).

However, since this project will be using ZDoom, it's pointless going into it here :). Just go play/edit STRAIN if you want to see how it's done.

Azriel said:

That is a typical problem. You have to add EVERY sprite of the IWAD in your PWAD and then replace the ones that you want. Then you will see the weapons in regular Doom.
It's a Doom bug but it's fixed in Zdoom (and other ports).

Well, tried that a minute ago, didnt work... whats the prob there, ive always had some trouble replacing graphics for doom, and I still havent figured it out completely yet. its no big deal since im using this pwad for zdoom, but i would still like to know how for future projects. Anyway, can anyone tell me some detailed instructions on how to actually build zdoom levels with sloped ceilings and floors. Im using the DOOMBUILDER, and i dont know how to set up zdoom, or how to make the slopes. please help me out