Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doom2day

Suicidal terrorist demons!

* IN JDOOM:

I was using the dehacked patch for the astrostein 3d level with the earth PWAD (Yes I am that lazy to not undo my -deh stuff) and I noticed that when i got near a demon, it explodes on me. it is really funny to me. Has anything weird happened to u using dehacked patches?

When I was working on DoomOS.wad, I still had the DEH patch seperate from the WAD. Once I decided to just use the DEH patch by itself - the fist made chainsaw noises (which was really funny), the pistol actually looked kinda cool, I couldn't pick up the chainsaw, and the game displayed Zombie gib frames in the upper-right corner when I'd fire the chaingun.

Once I tried to use a DeHackEd patch. When the game loaded, my rocket launcher fired a ton of missles! Scared, I closed the game and deleted it becasue I thought somebody was hacking into my PC and changing Doom.

In an attempt to make a cyberdemon/player switch (you are cyber, cyber is player) I was able to get the cyber to pretty much look and act like a marine, but the attempt to make the player a cyberdemon failed miserably. At best I got it so your viewpoint was pretty high and you moved slowly, but either as soon as you attempted to shoot something or after a certain period of time doom would just crash.

I once tried to make it look like when you shot at the weapons enough that they would explode. All i could get out of it was for the weapons to dissapear after a little bit of shooting.

I tried to increase the speed of bfg blast. It ended up going slower and in the wrong direction. Once it hit something it dident even kill everything in the area like it normaly dose.

Funny you should mention this. After my dad got Doom2, he installed a chain-shotgun patch for it. So when I first played Doom2 I thought they changed the shotgun to shoot rapid fire. I figured this was because they didn't want people to ignore it now that they had a super shotgun. Heh. I actualy thought this for like 2 years before I finaly reinstalled it and the shotgun went back to Doom1 speed. :(

I was just thinking about that because I found that patch on an old disk of mine just 5 minutes ago.