Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChaosOverlord

Two Zdoom multiplay questions

1. Can games still be played with modem connections? (i.e. my brother and I can play each other if we connect with our modems?) I know it used to work.. i don't know why it still wouldn't.. but just checking...

2. Secondly.. if that does work, then would it be possible for my friend and I (our computers are networked) to connect to my brothers PC via modem and play 3 player games? If so, please tell me how this is done... thank you!

1. Can games still be played with modem connections? (i.e. my brother and I can play each other if we connect with our modems?) I know it used to work.. i don't know why it still wouldn't.. but just checking...

2. Secondly.. if that does work, then would it be possible for my friend and I (our computers are networked) to connect to my brothers PC via modem and play 3 player games? If so, please tell me how this is done... thank you!

by connecting to each other's ip address

Umm 1.) Yes.. sortof 2.) yes.... kindof.

Zdoom uses udp, a protocol in the tcp/ip suite. So you can only play games over a tcp/ip network.. thus zdoom cant intialize a modem to connect to another pc's modem.

But you can setup a Dial up Server on one machine runnning tcp/ip.. Dial Up server comes with the dun1.3 upgrade for win95b and comes with any of the latter versions of microsoft's OS s'

to do this check out section 6-5 your "zdoom.txt"
and Also check the link in that section http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Fortress/4004/guide.html

Then u dial into the server and run the game just like u would on a lan.

If you need a better explaination or have any questions then post 'em :)