Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gemini09

Need help for a miniproject

Yes, hello!

I have this small project that I will try to release by December 24th. It's going to be 5-6 fun maps, and some DM and maybe CTF maps as well.

Here's a screenshot. There's very little to show at the moment, so there's only 1. http://photobucket.com/albums/v135/CrazyDevil/?action=view¤t=977c0d28.bmp

If the shot is too small, save it on your harddrive and zoom in.

And the help I am looking for is, I already have the texture wad thanks to NMN, but I need some more wall textures in it. So I would e-mail you the wad file, and the 20-30 bmp files. Mappers are also welcome I suppose, as long as they follow my guidelines, unless you want to make a DM/CTF map.

Just for the record, it's for GLBoom.

And no, I do not plan to implement CTF in Boom, wiseguy! The CTF maps will be for Skulltag/ZDaemon/...

Good luck with this..
I wish dm levels got the proper recognition they deserve, unfortunately most of the time no one seems to care, or play dm.

gemini09 said:

Yes, hello!

[snip]

If the shot is too small, save it on your harddrive and zoom in.

[snip]

Mappers are also welcome I suppose, as long as they follow my guidelines, unless you want to make a DM/CTF map.

[snip]

I didn't have a viewer on my HD that would open the file.... unrecognized type it said.

I might make a map or two for you.

i can make a map but i have some questions:

1. How big
2. What number
3. What weapons
4. What port
5. Is there any story in the wad
6. Anything wlse i need to know

Send the answers to my hotmail: impClaw@hotmail.com

-impClaw

gemini09 said:

but I need some more wall textures in it. So I would e-mail you the wad file, and the 20-30 bmp files.

Ah, a classic. I guess you'll never learn it.

Fusion said:

Good luck with this..
I wish dm levels got the proper recognition they deserve, unfortunately most of the time no one seems to care, or play dm.

which is too bad, cause I have hundrds and hundreds upon hundreds of dm maps to my credit (even if they are largely browngrn textured :P

boris said:

Ah, a classic. I guess you'll never learn it.

I have some great news for you. You ready? Well, one crazy afternoon I thought, maybe I should check out the Help section in XWE, and after 5 minutes, I was seeing my own textures in DoomBuilder. Now I've even put "new" monsters into this badboy of a texture wad.

impClaw said:

i can make a map but i have some questions:

1. How big
2. What number
3. What weapons
4. What port
5. Is there any story in the wad
6. Anything wlse i need to know

Send the answers to my hotmail: impClaw@hotmail.com

-impClaw

In response to you and Hellbent:

The project is still kind of new, I'm still working on the very first map. It's for GLBoom, and use of Boom effects is encouraged. I'll get back to you when I've finished my map.

Now here's a few more screenshots;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/CrazyDevil/Screen1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/CrazyDevil/Screen2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/CrazyDevil/Screen3.jpg

The first 2 are more or less complete, while the area from the third shot still needs alot of work. It's just to show some outdoor areas.

This is strange. I resized them to 1024*768, but they somehow got shrinked again...you know the drill. Zoom.

Fusion said:

Good luck with this..

Yeah. I played my own DM maps online the other month or 2, and it was BORING, but I think the DM maps for this will be superterrific, as I've played some Doom DM online recently, and ALOT of Unreal Tournament 2003.

Edit, alot of people DO play DM, at least online. Grab DoomConnector and ZDaemon and you'll see.

"Nice maps, i don't think im that skilled in editing, so if i will send you a wad it will probably be a serious submission that will totaly destroy your WAD if you uses it..."

...and i don't know how to make CFT maps...

Hm I see...I dunno about CTF maps myself, the only special thing about it is placing 2 flags, shouldn't be a problem...

But, but if you would LIKE to join this project, you're very welcome. I would edit your map to my own personal taste anyway...aaaaand, send you my own maps to see what style I want in this WAD, so that should be helpful too.

And for the record, I still don't have any finished maps, so you or anyone else wanting to join would have to wait till I have finished work to show as examples.

Later.