Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Simple GBA question

Is the sound on GBA specific games better than regular GB or GBC games? I'm wanting to know because the only games I've played on it are regular GB games.

To be on the topic of DOOM, I'm also asking because I would like to know how the music is gonna be and the SFX and all for the GBA version.

The sound is AMAZING for a portable unit. Compare SBLive! Platinum 5.1 to your pc speaker
lol
A bit of an exaggeration, but it's good

Well C:COTM starts off with a nice little chick choir thing so yeah, I'd say the sound is BETTER than a SNES. Not a whole helluva lot better but better nonetheless.

awesome sound for the gba! the graphics and sounds are half way between snes and psx. the choir in cotm (which is from dracula x) is perfect.

most of the tracks (except for the boss track and the title music) are on my site. check em out. please note that they were recorded using a headphone jack, so it sounds kinda tinny. maybe i'll take a stab at ripping them. it's an awesome soundtrack.

it's only $100. well worth the money for castlevania alone. with doom, it's a must have.

bah... emulator.

well lets see. It is 32bit(GB and GBC where 8 and 16) however i dont think thiat it is true 32bit, kinda of like a 32x 32bit deal but better. IT is nothing like a play station, cant use 3d so there will be no quake or true 3d games for it. It has a far better graphics array, GBC i think could only use a few colors not even 256, Mayby like 16high color or high end 256. Great sound and good framerate, can finaly play off just one game pack in multiplayer, meaning it has a fast ass networking ability if u could call it that. however i would like to see this a minidisk player, riged like a playstation, a pentium 166MMX cpu with a soundblaster card, also give it basic direct3d/opengl and a a great color LCD and u have a great little portable game station

Heh, I only payed $75.77 for mine thanks to about 30 bucks of in-store credit at GameStop.

Anyway, I already knew the GBA had true color on it (32,000 colors, to be exact). And the GBC only had 56 colors on it, so just imagine how sweet GBA specific games look!

On multiplayer games, here's how I heard it worked:

1) When connecting GBA to lower systems, every system has to have a game pak in it, and it must be compatable with every system (i.e., GBA to GBC to GB or GBP must have a regular GB pak to play)

2) If all the systems are GBA, then only one pak is required if the game is a GBA specific game. Otherwise every system must have its own game.

I'm hoping the MIDI's on GBA games are better than regular GB games, and if it's between SNES and PSX, then DOOM GBA will for sure kick ass!

I really hope that these "Bundesprüfstelle" morons here in Germany will not bann the GBA Doom so that I can easily go to a shop and pay for the game, but I fear they will bann it automatically...

"Bundesprüfstelle"

German equivalant(SP?) to the C.R.T.C.(DIE!!!!!)????

C.R.T.C. ???

"Bundesprüfstelle" is the counterpart to the (I hope I am right) RSAC, which gives the "RSAC Advisory" on every game we love, rating Blood, Gore, Sex and vulgar speech.

The "Bundesprüfstelle" claims to be able to determine if a game is suitable to the minds of minors or upgrowing people and if not (most cases) the game will be banned, which means in Germany, that advertising and selling the game to minors is forbidden. Most FPS are banned here, sick :/

most of the tracks (except for the boss track and the title music) are on my site. check em out. please note that they were recorded using a headphone jack, so it sounds kinda tinny. maybe i'll take a stab at ripping them. it's an awesome soundtrack.

Um...where? I cant find them.

On the "other music" page (or dir). First games listed are castlevania games (2, 3, dracula xx, cotm, legacy, resurrection). I LOVE CASTLEVANIA MUSIC!!!

I read an article somewhere written by a music teacher who went over all of the Castlevania music, what classical music inspired it, and why it thought that it was all absolutely genious. I tend to agree. =)

Emulators rule.

Damn right.

Damn wrong.

Damn right. I only emulate systems that are 5 years old or older, and only because locating the hardware is usually a pain in the ass.

I still have my TI-994A and a Pong machine, though, and my brother has two original Ataris. Ahh, a gaming machine with wooden siding... such art. =)

I have an atari (original wooden one), atari 2600, nintendo, gameboy (original), snes, playstation, dreamcast, gamegear, & game boy advance.

Sure, I have a lot of emulated games, but I own all of the ones I actually play (Super Metroid, Doom, Chrono Trigger, Doom 64, Castlevania 4, etc). Using emulation to rip someone off is wrong. It's piracy. Anything you like, buy. Simple as that. Pay respect and thanks to those who work hard on the games or music you play.

yea duke3d on GBA, they will cut out all the swearing and nudity, like in duke64. either add to a game or keep it intact people

Why did you buy a GBA if you are only playing old GameBoy black and white games on it? Use the GBA for what it was meant for: 3. Playing old GB and GBC games. 2. Something to do when you are taking a car or plane trip. 1 and most important of all: PLAYING GBA GAMES ON IT!

I had an old atari computer. I don't know what it was, might have been a 2600. I used it mostly to play Deja Vu and a few other games whose names I forgot.

Why did you buy a GBA if you are only playing old GameBoy black and white games on it? Use the GBA for what it was meant for: 3. Playing old GB and GBC games. 2. Something to do when you are taking a car or plane trip. 1 and most important of all: PLAYING GBA GAMES ON IT!

Dude, I just got it like less than a week ago, so I don't have any GBA specific games..........yet.
And about using it for plane trips and stuff like that, look at third reply here, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

How do I change my icon then? and besides, I didn't know. You're a newbie it seems like too. Because by posts under your name there's only seven posts you've made. Besides, how many avatar icons are there?