Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoomDan

Resident Evil 4 coming to PS2?!?

Why wouldn't it? RE was originally a PS franchise. But I bet it's gonna crawl like a snail. I mean, look at what the few XBox ports did to the PS2, and the Gamecube, in terms of performance, is prety damned close to the 'Box.

With RE: Outbreak on PS2, I guess this sort of thing would happen anyway because RE was known to be a PS series.

pilottobombadier said:

Why wouldn't it? RE was originally a PS franchise. But I bet it's gonna crawl like a snail. I mean, look at what the few XBox ports did to the PS2, and the Gamecube, in terms of performance, is prety damned close to the 'Box.

My betting is that they'll considerably reduce the graphics in quality, rather than to allow the game to go too slowly.

Im not THAT Impress with RE4s Graphics.They look pretty good but not as good as the RE Remake if you ask me.

DoomDan said:

Im not THAT Impress with RE4s Graphics.They look pretty good but not as good as the RE Remake if you ask me.

Probably because the backgrounds are rendered in real time (iirc) unlike the previous ones (even the GC RE1 remake). So it's just for the sake of frame rate.

It better come out for PS2. I'm tired of GameCube stealing gametitles that should have stayed with XBOX or PlayStation and then remaking them. I'm still waiting for Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes to have a PS2 release :P

S1lent said:

It better come out for PS2. I'm tired of GameCube stealing gametitles that should have stayed with XBOX or PlayStation and then remaking them. I'm still waiting for Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes to have a PS2 release :P

You'll be waiting until never, then ;) The PS2 has been showing its age for the past 2 eyars, because frankly, I think it suffers from N64 syndrome- no one knows how to actually properly develop for it.

pilottobombadier said:

I thought real-time rendering used more resources, not less

Yes, I believe that is Joe's point - real-time rendering requires more power, and hence can't be made to look as pretty as pre-rendered images.

Though I should point out that not everything in RE0 / RE1 is pre-rendered; IIRC the lighting is done in real-time.

S1lent said:

Well us Nintendo players are finally becoming glad to get some of OUR series backs. You know, Metal Gear was ours first kid.

S1lent said:

I'm still waiting for Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes to have a PS2 release :P

Your gonna be waiting forever.MGS Twin Snakes was developed by Silicon Knights, who develops games exclusively for Nintendo systems[such as Eternal Darkness].So the game will stay exclusive for Gamecube.

And PS2 can definitly handle Twin Snakes if it Handled the Graphically superior MGS2.

DoomDan said:

Your gonna be waiting forever.MGS Twin Snakes was developed by Silicon Knights, who develops games exclusively for Nintendo systems[such as Eternal Darkness].So the game will stay exclusive for Gamecube.

And PS2 can definitly handle Twin Snakes if it Handled the Graphically superior MGS2.

IIRC, Twin Snakes is MGS 1 and 2, both of them completely redone - graphically, Twin Snakes is superior to MGS 2 on the XBox, which is slightly better cosmetically than the PS2 version. So no, it probably could not handle it without reductions to graphics quality.

And as someone said, Silicon KNights develops exclusively for Nintendo, so you're STILL shyte outta luck on that. I mean, hell, the PS2 could probably handle Halo - if the levels were SEVERELY truncated and if the graphics quality took a hit like a prison bitch.

And if Bungie weren't MS's property. Can't forget that.

Ralphis said:

Well us Nintendo players are finally becoming glad to get some of OUR series backs. You know, Metal Gear was ours first kid.

Metal Gear was, and really only the japanese versions were good... the ones they sent America were a joke (i.e. Snake's Revenge). What was Kojima thinking when he sold out Twin Snakes to GameCube :'( Oh well, at least MGS is going back to PlayStation, where it belongs.

pilottobombadier said:

IIRC, Twin Snakes is MGS 1 and 2, both of them completely redone

Nope. MGS2 is not present in Twin Snakes - it's just MGS1.

Last time I listen to Nintendo fan-boys...The little pricks lied to me, they did.

S1lent said:

Metal Gear was, and really only the japanese versions were good... the ones they sent America were a joke (i.e. Snake's Revenge). What was Kojima thinking when he sold out Twin Snakes to GameCube :'( Oh well, at least MGS is going back to PlayStation, where it belongs.

Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 weren't that great, either, though, imo. MGS 1 at least had more content than cutscenes, though. MGS2 was a fucking joke

pilottobombadier said:

Last time I listen to Nintendo fan-boys...The little pricks lied to me, they did.

It sort of is a mix between MGS1 and 2. It uses a superior MGS2 engine buffed up for the cube. But yes, it's still just MGS1 (they took out the accents for some shitty reason!)

It wont be a carbon copy to the ps2 though, but I'm getting the GCN one anyway (bought a cube yesterday :D)

NiGHTMARE said:

ROFL, welcome to eight months ago DoomDan and pilottobombadier :P.

MGS Twin Snakes will still probably stay exclusive for Gamecube.