Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

News from (Insert State Name)

I just got back from my local polling place, and while I was there I ran into this guy from my church who does something to do with the government. Anyway, he grew up with and is still good friends with the governor of Iowa, Tom Vilsack. When I left the school where the polls were, he was just getting off the phone with Vilsack, and this is what he told me:

He reports that as of now, Kerry has a lead in Florida by about five precincts. In 2000 at this time, Gore was down by three precincts. This is all while Republicans are generally morning voters, while Democrats are more likely to vote later on in the day. In addition, Republican voting in Florida is down 10% from the 2000 election, while Democratic voting is much, much higher. Knowing this now, let's see how much Jeb Bush is able to skew the final results into a Bush victory.

Some other noteworthy things he told me: Kerry is actually leading in North Carolina right now, and he is trailing in Michigan by a few precincts, the exact same deficit Gore faced in 2000 at this point, and Gore ended up winning Michigan.

A friend of mine told me that Mickey Mouse got 110% of the votes, so I guess Walt Disney is now president.

Hmm. Now I want to poke around cnn.com to see how Pennsylvania is doing. This is fucking weird-- the first time I actually CARE who the president is. Before, I didn't have the slightest thought as to how my life could possibly be different depending on who was in charge. Now it feels like it matters.

FUCK... I'M OLD!!

Screw whether one or the other becomes the new President, they're both assholes - what I wanna know is when the American people begin to revolt.
:-P

dsm said:

Screw whether one or the other becomes the new President, they're both assholes - what I wanna know is when the American people begin to revolt.
:-P

Wednesday

Mickey Mouse, apparently. Or *gag* Maddox. The sad thing is, whatever group comes out of the revolt would feel compelled to have a figurehead so as not to appear too Communist.

I got all stoned and decided to excersize my right to vote for the first time today. It was pretty fun. I pretty much voted Democrat across the board.

I think Presidential candidates should get in a ring and duke it out to the death. Then we would see who the better leader would be!

the "sige heil" act in my state seems to have passed. its an act banning gay marrage. even though i am not gay something about it deeply disturbs me. My grandfather was all pissed off about it "Its the same shit they [nazis] did when i was your age!" of course he has said that about other things too. ironicly he really doesn't like blacks.
however he bitches about alot of things.

i never really paid attention to politics and there is a shit load i don't know. what little i have gotten into has shown me... its not at all my cup of tea.

FOUR FUCKING HOURS. I was waiting in line to vote for FOUR FUCKING HOURS. The precints were fucked up around here, which meant that ours was packed with over 2700 people and the surrounding districts were nearly deserted.

People came by to give away free water and snacks, so... good times. Oh yeah, and they were all Democrats. Figures a Republican couldn't be bothered.

Which reminds me: PA goes to the Democrats. Ralphis can put Kerry's balls in his mouth.

Numbermind said:

Which reminds me: PA goes to the Democrats. Ralphis can put Kerry's balls in his mouth.

PA almost always goes Democrat, especially since we have a democrat governer and our two major cities are run by democrats. No surprise, I didn't expect Pennsylvania to win. However, we all win because we can rest knowing we got the better of the two candidates.

gg

Dubya is for Winner