Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildseed

centrybot

Maybe I am wrong with a spell.
The little guidance robot I mean.
Why was this UAC Mars base seized by monsters in the first place?
They had a lot of centrybots in their base.
One sentrybot = 10 doomguys.
I wish I could let two centrybots accompany me all the way through.

I agree, especially when the bot determines that the quickest way to take care of a threat is to blast me into kibble in order to reach its target. That's about the time I stopped trying to mock the slow-moving meatbag zombies when I had to team up with one of those tiny killing machines... the price of vanity. ;)

It's a gameplay device. I get the impression that the sentries are deliberately made invulnerable to enemy attacks to prevent that they die, so that players don't have to worry about trying to save them.

They're ruined rather quickly when the player shoots at them though - I think a single point-blank shotgun blast kills them right away, so my guess is that in the story, they are powerful, but sorta suicidal and get themselves killed easily.

dsm said:

They're ruined rather quickly when the player shoots at them though - I think a single point-blank shotgun blast kills them right away, so my guess is that in the story, they are powerful, but sorta suicidal and get themselves killed easily.

Twelve by my count - but I was at medium distance (3 or 4 Doom meters).

Is there anyone else that thinks these little fellas are cute like puppies?

Janderson said:

Is there anyone else that thinks these little fellas are cute like puppies?

I think they're one of the worst gameplay ideas in Doom 3, along with the scientist-with-light and the overuse of cabinet codes. Thankfully, those bots are pretty rare and you're always only accompanied by one (which means it's easier to avoid hitting them or getting hit by them than if there were any more).

But aside from that, they're pretty funky little dudes.

Twelve by my count - but I was at medium distance (3 or 4 Doom meters).

Ok, it's three shots - I just tested it.

I think they're one of the worst gameplay ideas in Doom 3, along with the scientist-with-light

Their play on the environment's lighting makes them a fun gimmick, though.

A little off-topic, but speaking of engine lighting, i had most detail turned to zilch when i played first time round. Playing on hi-detail on Vet, though, was creepier - especially just before you fight you first trites (and you see the shadow up ahead in the subflooring).