Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
188DarkRevived

Which WADs/Levels have the weirdest music?

Um...Just out of curiousity folks, which WADs/Levels have the most weirdest music that you've ever heard?

IMO, the WAD with the most weirdest tunes that I've ever heard is the megawad called 2002: A DOOM Oddyssey. Every single soundtrack of every single level in that particular WAD is just plain weird.

i think it is 2002ado....it has some really strange banjo and pop beats...so if you have a crappy midi module (like me) it sounds funny

FragMan! said:

MAP01 of Batman Doom got kinda weird music.

Somewhat agreed, but in that case, I'd also add MAP04 and a few other maps to the list. Overall, that TC was exellent work though.

Some of the twzone2 music had bagpipes (like map15)... those weren't favorites of mine, but most of Paul's music from 2002ado was pretty catchy (e2m5 was a good one, for instance, although it didn't finish as good as it started).

If you're looking for a "retro-wierd" kind of music, try Rise of the Triad music. Specifically, OWW.MID and SMOKE.MID. Sorta odd, but still cool.

Vile said:

... most of Paul's music from 2002ado was pretty catchy ...

I agree. I regard Paul Corfiatis as an excellent composer, but there are a few types of themes that he seems to like that, to my taste, really screw up some of his music: banjo, bagpipes, and one that for some reason I think of as "French comic opera".

Some of Bob Reganess's music for Aboocean got used in several other early wads, and sounds rather out of place away from the original tropical island setting.