Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azreal_X

Oh, dear.

I need a new Doom 3 Disk 1.
My CDROM drive went haywire one day and didn't stop spinning the disk when I ejected it, resulting in the bottom of the cd scraping along the edge of the minicd tray. Now I have a perfectly circular scrape all around the CD. It still plays fine, because evidently the area the game checks for authenticity wasn't touched, but I can no longer install the game cause' it hangs on pak001. I recently reinstalled Windows, and needless to say, I need a new disk. I
Is there any way to get a replacement CD without buying the entire game over again?

Try contacting Activision if you really want to. But the chances of them giving you a new CD are next to none (unless they feel like being really nice), since they're not liable for your CD-Rom flipping out.

And clean off circular scratches, which, by the way, are the worst possible kinds of scratches to have on a CD? Perhaps you mean a polishing kit, even though such things aren't always successful?

The scratches seem very superficial. Since the data part of the CD is actually the film beneath the platic, isn't there something out there that can buff the plastic of the disk to even it out again?

Yeah there are some kits out there that can fill in cracks, but they're not always successful. It's worth a shot though. You can usually find them in any place that sells CDs.

yes you can fill the cracks provided they are not too deep and you clean the disk. you dont want debris to fill those cracks and be left behind. also depends on the cracks them selves. also one trick that may work is buring a copy, however cant really tell you how to.

at work we often get scratched/damaged restore disks. she clean them, polish them and then burn a copy. most of the time the burned copy works.