Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CacoCaddy

Arafat is (basically) Dead

"I hope the Israeli public will show sensitivities. I've seen some Israelis dancing in the streets, hugging each other other yesterday," Erekat told CNN. "I think it's alien… I cannot describe my feelings. It's heartbreaking to see israelis hugging and kissing in such circumstances."

What are they supposed to do, be saddened by the leader of a rival regime? I mean really...

"I hope the Israeli public will show sensitivities. I've seen some Israelis dancing in the streets, hugging each other other yesterday," Erekat told CNN. "I think it's alien… I cannot describe my feelings. It's heartbreaking to see israelis hugging and kissing in such circumstances."

In exactly the way the Palestinians DIDNT after 9/11?

Oh, wait, Israel and the USA are supposed to be different countries, i forgot...

The "news" of people in the Middle East supposedly celebrating 9/11 by dancing in the streets and giving kids candy had nothing to do with 9/11. It was just some festival and the people shooting the video footage had no idea it was going to be taken out of context and used for propaganda in the US.

Yeh, there was even one reporter that gave a woman cake to dance in the street, I think I posted a link to the photo here once:P
Arafat will not "die" until his last resting place has been decided. Israel refuses to allow him to be buried in Jerusalem and it's customary to bury the dead within 24 hours of death, so they will keep him on the machine until it has been decided where.If it was a British hospital he would be turned off in the morning, as there is only 1 electric socket per ward and they need to make toast for the patients breakfast.

Mancubus II said:

What are they supposed to do, be saddened by the leader of a rival regime? I mean really...

So you're saying that the only two possible actions they can take are to mourn or to celebrate, that they're physically incapable of simply not doing anything one way othe other?

Sounds like it to me, otherwise he wouldn't have needed to ask what they're supposed to do in the first place, since the answer would have been obvious: i.e. carry on as per normal.

Jonathan said:

One sip for each neuron that dies?

I think that would end up killing you faster.

fodders said:

Arafat will not "die" until his last resting place has been decided.

That's what I heard on radio five live.

A palestinian guy was complaining that Arafat could not be buried in jerusalem, but robert maxwell could.

http://debka.com/article.php?aid=932
Friday, November 5, exactly a week after Arafat was admitted to the Percy military hospital near Paris, the French president put in a call to the White House and informed President George W. Bush that it was all over.

Paris and Washington both then swung into action.

An American delegation, organized at top speed by US Middle East diplomats, called on Palestinian prime minister Ahmed Qureia in Ramallah on Saturday, November 6,

and asked him how Washington could help expedite a fitting end to the episode. The visit was more a token of support than a practical offer of help.

[edit]formal announcement of Arafat’s demise Tuesday night; funeral rite in Paris and departure for Cairo – Wednesday.[/edit]