Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDan

Halo 2 Stuff

Snarboo said:

You do realize that Halo was in developement for just as long as Half-Life, right? Any similarities between the two are purely coincidental, atleast I think so. For the record, Half-Life also "ripped" off quite a bit from other games, such as Doom or Quake. Hell, if you watch how the weapons move while walking in Half-Life, it's exactly the same as how Quake's weapons moved while walking. :)

Heh If I recall correctly Half Life used the Quake 2 Graphic engine.Therefore It looks simalar.

DoomDan said:

Heh If I recall correctly Half Life used the Quake 2 Graphic engine.

Well, it doesn't. It is a highly modified quake engine.

I'm more excited about Metal Gear Solid 3 than Halo 2 to be honest. The first one was ok. The only things I liked about it was the multiplayer and the coop.

I'm suprised MGS3 isn't being hyped up as much... I mean, there's so much cool new shit you can do in that game.

Silverwyvern said:

Ninja Gaiden.. Morrowind.. Fable... shall I go on?

Haha, Fable. That game is great because you can turn evil and yell "shit!" at random people and they run away.

Anyway, I don't see why so many people are militant against Halo. I mean, before I played it I thought it was a horrible sounding game. Just another boring FPS. Well finaly, my friends made me play it and in my opinion, its probably the best multiplayer console game next to Double Dash and Mario Party. Single player seems rather boring, and I doubt I'd enjoy it much but multiplayer is pretty damn awesome. Of course, I'm not a big fan of FPSs.

Scuba Steve said:

Doom 3 Is the best game ever!!
No wait Half Life 2 is!!
Hold that thought, GTA San Andreas is the Best game ever!
Stop the presses, we have a greatest game ever, Halo 2!

Scuba wins. Fuck modern games. You've all been fooled into buying Half-Life 70 times. Ha-ha.

Well. I decided not to even go to the party. Too cold..underwear was riding up my ass and I lost my favorite scarf. Fuck you all I'm going to bed.

I only like taking a few Elites with the pistol outdoors.

As you can imagine, the rest of the game got boring fast.

NiGHTMARE said:

Timesplitters 3 = yay!

I concur.
Can't wait to see how they upgraded the MapMaker feature.

Danarchy said:

Scuba wins. Fuck modern games. You've all been fooled into buying Half-Life 70 times. Ha-ha.

okay I'll give you that for doom3 and halo2 but come on, GTA:SA is like buying GTA3 and VC again, not half-life!

DoomDan said:

And why do people compare Halo to Metroid Prime?? They are both completely different if you ask me.

pilottobombadier said:

How can you be ignorant enough to compare half-life to halo when they're basically similar games?

Okay, apparently we're not allowed to compare games that are different, and we can't compare games that are similar either. So obviously we can't actually compare any games at all *rollseyes*.

BTW guys, the best game on the X-Box is blatantly Thief 3 :).

I played Halo 2 deathmatch with a couple friends at 2am after getting back from the release party this morning. Good stuff. You can actually jump onto a vehicle and beat the piss out of the driver, then toss a grenade into the driver's hatch. The fact that the vehicles aren't indestructable makes the game a lot more fun too. There's nothing quite as amusing as watching a banshee plummet out of the sky and skid across the ground before blowing up after you've peppered it with bullets.

Oh, and the energy blade > all other FPS melee weapons.

I'm still spiteful that they didn't include simulants/bots/etc, though. Safe to say that it was just a way to sell more copies of the game to hapless friends of a friend and subscriptions to Xbox Live.

pilottobombadier said:

How can you be ignorant enough to compare half-life to halo when they're basically similar games?

Are you serious?? Thats the dumbest thing I heard so far....this month.

DoomDan said:

Oh God Gimme a break.They both got the Highest Scores this year.

And I heard the single player was short and the storyline took a turn for the worse.Try playing the game yourself and see what you think before comparing a game to another.

I've had the game since it's leak good sir. I know what its like.

Really Long Username said:

I've had the game since it's leak jackass. I know what its like.

banned for warez

Silverwyvern said:

Well. I decided not to even go to the party. Too cold..underwear was riding up my ass and I lost my favorite scarf. Fuck you all I'm going to bed.

Wow, you lost your excitement so easily, I imagine a party at EB wouldn't be that fun. Considering most of them are unwillingly under a vow of chastity because they've decided to devote their life to games. I see how old some of those managers are, and makes me wonder if this is how they've spent their life.

Haha, yeah. At the local EB there is some bald guy and an asian chick who both appear to be in their mid thirties and they've been working there as long as I can remember.

Just got Halo 2, not all that impressed with it so far, feels like same shit different day. Then again, I haven't played it on Live, but I stopped playing on Live for some reason.

And AndrewB, I never said it was fair or not fair to compare Halo to Half-Life. I was trying to point out that you're wasting your breath, one way or the other, because of their similarities.

fact is if you believe the hype your hope usally have no place to go but down. Like the star wars movies, i am not expecting much from them. so if they fail i will not see it as much as a dissapointment.

same with doom III, i expected nthing less that an FPS based on mars with demons.

Half-life 2, expecting another extension of half-life. and decent graphics.

Halo 2, i just expect a decent FPS for xbox. However i am not gonna rush out and buy it.

I was very surprised with both x-box and halo. i wasn't expecting much out of either. I still play halo once and a while. Though silent hill 2 and RTCW both have it beat in terms of what is played the most.

The only hype I believed were the awesome graphics - which holds true until you blow up a Covenant hovercraft - glitchy, glitchy, glitchy.

The Elite component wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, actually, it was pretty cool. Too bad components of that episode of the game had to be library-ish. Not many, but a couple is enough.

The only thing I've enjoyed wholly, though, are the new sound effects. They're frickin' awesome, especially the sound of the "la-sers"...I mean plasma guns.

For some reason, though, despite the jump in detail, I don't find the game looking...cleaner. Things that looked round in the original now look angular. Me no rikey.

The only real reason I bought this game was for something my buddies and I could make a clan with online (you gotta admit, Halo's MP rocks), and i haven't even touched the online component yet :(

In regards to FPS's that I play more than Halo...Doom, Sin, and Deus Ex on PC, Red Faction 2, Deus Ex: Invisible War, 007: Nightfire, and Serious Sam on XBox. And when I finish Halo 2, it'll be right back to Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders. Awesome game.

The bumpmapping and characters look nice, but Halo 2 seems to continue in the first game's legacy of non-terrain architecture which could almost be challenged by Quake2 in terms of complexity. The gameplay is what counts ultimately, but since I haven't played it I can't comment on that.

So is the gameplay good or what? I wasn't a fan of the first one, but this one looks more action packed, less cheesy, with more emphasis on multiplayer... that sounds like a good mix to me... But I'm also fueled by hype (which is weird because I never cared anything about this game until yesterday when it came out).

pilottobombadier said:

Which in lay-man's terms means?

It means exactly what it sounds like - all the architecture that isnt outdoor landscape, but rather indoor man-made (or whatever..its a game) looks barely as good as Quake II's did.

i alwyas thought the aliens where a bit cartoonish and comical. IF this was to be serious then they should have redid the grunts and a few other things. the flood was good.

also sarge seemed at bit too much like that guy from alien or some other movie i saw.

you could say the same thing about half-life and doom.

i want to try out the game atleast, but i really dont want to buy it. However i have 2 games i really dont play and may trade in for halo 2