Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDan

Halo 2 Stuff

Im quite pissed that Bungie mostly focused on Multiplayer in Halo 2.And yet, they dont add bots because they are supposely "unsatasfying to kill".

Silverwyvern said:

Well. I decided not to even go to the party. Too cold..underwear was riding up my ass and I lost my favorite scarf. Fuck you all I'm going to bed.

Can you put your underwear on EBay? :P

TheDarkArchon said:

The story sounds like a rip off of DooM II (You kicked the bad guys asses on their own turf so they invade yours. Too similar for my liking.)

The whole "aliens invade our planet" has been used again and again, but I like the fact that the aliens are religious fanatics who decide that humans are an affront to their retarded religion - gives me yet another good reason to feel like kicking their asses >:-D

i broke down and got the game. so far i like it. however i do have a few complaints.

one big complaint is that the game suffers from "pop in" on the bump maps and some level parts. i think they should have toned some thigns down to eleminate this.

stuff i liked.
weapons.
graphics are good.
blowing shit up
if you look down you see legs! first time i have ever seen that in a FPS.
runs good

stuff i dont like
graphic "pop in"
the MC and cortana sex scene
the covenant, ok this guys are just too comical for a serious game. but they are fun to beat up.

i am sure i will get coned into matches by guys at work.

Sephiroth said:

if you look down you see legs!

I remember seeing Quake II for the first time, and being stunned that you STILL had no legs, and that you just "sucked up" items by stepping on them. Man, this industry is slow.

Sephiroth said:

if you look down you see legs! first time i have ever seen that in a FPS.

Yeah, that is a pretty cool feature! I'm suprised more games don't have that sort of thing. The first games I remember where you could see your legs were Arx Fatalis, which was an RPG admittedly, and Gore, a generic hard-core multiplayer FPS game, so Halo wasn't the first to do this. Taking the idea step further, Chronicles of Riddick and Breakdown allowed you to see your entire body throughout the game, so you really were looking through the eyes of your character.

Snarboo said:

and Gore, a generic hard-core multiplayer FPS game

woo Gore.

Anyway I've finished Halo 2 and in the end I was satisfied with the game. The only things that bothered me were the changes from the first game, which were all very small but collectively made Halo 2 feel very different in some aspects. My biggest problem with the game is the lack of freedom that the first game had. The second level in Halo (aptly named Halo) was fairly big, and you were free to explore the entire map at your leisure to find the three missing groups of marines. Now in Halo 2, you fight have to fight in specific areas and usually as soon as the fight ends there's a cut scene that puts you in another area or you immediately have to go somewhere else and do something there. No rest. :<

Graphically the game is pretty amazing, but I was playing on an HDTV widescreen tv with the Xbox HDTV A/V pack, so maybe not everyone would see the game at the same level I did. I think the sounds really added a lot to the game (The voice acting was good, but for whatever reason not as good as the first game), and the music was pretty amazing (Aside from the stuff by Incubus which was insanely out of place).

But I still think that Halo 2 is a big step up from an average title, and there are not many fps games coming out soon that can compare to it except maybe for Half Life 2.

Heh, I played some Halo2 single player last night. God, that part where you're going down the tunnel then later a highway in various vehicles was fun as Hell.

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
Master Chief can't have sex because he's been neutered. Read the Halo books. *Goes off and makes a ytmnd site*

then why would he continue to fight... he has nothing to fight for. i have only seen 2 halo books, never read eaither of them.

well anyways just beat the game. i was impressed by it, but it did seem a bit short. it is easy to say that there is going to be a halo 3.
I also tried the xbox live part. fairly fun. but just like all the other xbox liove FPS games i have.

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
Master Chief can't have sex because he's been neutered. Read the Halo books. *Goes off and makes a ytmnd site*

Let me know when your finished with it.

I was pretty suprised by the legs too only other game ive seen that in is in the Tribes game. I love Halo 2 though Xbox live is so much fun i have a clan with about 20 people from school and its amazing to play with all of them. I thought the single player was a lot better too only one level had the retarded repeating structures over and over again.

halohaters...2
god almighty, you fuckers are some of the dumbest i have ever heard. do you call yourself gamers? sounds like doomers? thats the only game you dumb asses play. wow. for those comparing gta and metroid to halo is the most retarded thing ive heard, all three are completely different..metroid is just an adventure/platforming game converted to first person view, doesnt make it an fps, even retro studios, the guys that made it have said that. metroid and gta are both awesome, as well as halo and halo 2..but they are in their own genre. and those idiots that said halo ripped a bunch off from half life...god, if i knew you i would give you a magnum and a bullet so you could just end your pathetic life. half life and halo are action packed...wow, story and gameplay are almost completely different. halo was also in development since '98, and was originally set out to be a third person strategy game, it come a long way from that and runs circles around many fps' out there. and those bitching that xbox is a sucky system, 90% of those people just cant afford to buy more than one console. so, since i own all the consoles, own half life, metroid, halo, halo 2, and all the dooms...i would have to say most just bitch cuz they dont have it. halo opened doors and broke barriers with gameplay on so many levels, not one other console game has such a rich, lifelike and strategic a.i. that both halo and halo 2 have, everytime you play there is something new you discover and there are so many different ways to do it. and even though i love doom 3, the only thing it holds over halo is the graphics, hell, halo could look as good as that if the levels were sized down tremendously, the number of enemies attacking you literally cut in half, and no vehicles, sure, then it could look as good as doom. and dooms a.i. sorry...but it is just lame in comparison, they charge and you shoot, no real strategy. so for all you dumb as haters, shove half life and doom right up your asses while the best of us can sit and enjoy all the good games that come out while the rest of you cry and compare cuz your single minded, unopened, george w bush loving morons!

I am very sorry that there are people on this site who don't like the same games as you. On behalf of Doomworld I apologize for the psychological damage we have obviously caused you. I can only hope that this litter pf puppies eases your pain.

puppies r 1337.

jiolado2 said:

what he said

If you enjoy bullshit games, that's fine, keep them to youself. Sorry, not everyone likes to be a conformist and go with the undeserved fanboy following of a shitty game and settle for less when they could be playing something better. And FYI Halo didn't open any doors or break any barriers other than my patience level for shitty games with ultra slow deathmatch and shitty weapon selections.

[edit]

We're Bush loving morons? I'm pretty sure there's only a few people around here that like Bush. So I believe that makes you quite incorrect, sir.

jiolado2 said:

lolololololoololololololololololololololololoololloloololloollolololololololoolololololololololoolloolloloolloololololloolloloololololol

Um, what the Hell do you expect from a Doom site, you silly man. Go home and cry to mommy. Note that I'm also a fan of Halo. Your whining and elitism are giving the rest of us fans a bad name.

The opinion of someone who's never even heard of a paragraph is a worthless opinion.

BTW no-one said Halo was a Half-life rip-off, just there were certain similarities. It is a complete and utter Tribes rip-off though...

Oh, and of course you can compare completely different things. For example, I rate watching paint dry a far more enjoyable experience than reading the rantings of blatant trolls.

jiolado2 rambled on:
*insert stupid shit here*

Not everyone shares your opinion. Rambling on like an irate fucktard doesn't really help you get your opinion across. Halo 2 is just Halo 1 with some new extras. Halo 1 was a piece of shit, with bland boring level design. Halo 2 is a sequel to a piece of shit, sharing the same features as the first piece of shit. There's a new story, level design, few extras, more or less, the same drab, boring bullshit.

Call ourselves gamers? We all play games you silly goose. Even a stuttering stanley like you does, with your undying sexual lust for Halo. Afterall, your not getting any, so you have to get rocks off on a doom forum. It's not matter of having enough money, it's matter of not wanting to spend it on fucking crap. The Xbox is a good console. I can emulate all my other games which are actually worth playing on it. If I knew who you were and where you lived, I'd discover that your a little teenage wanker who got shit kicked for trying steal daddy's magnum.

jiolado2 said:

halohaters...2
...george w bush loving morons! ...etc etc etc

Wow. I don't think I'm the only one who didn't read that huge unspaced paragraph.

Besides, HL2 owns everything today anyway. In my opinion. Games are all about opinion when there's so many good ones out all at once.

Edit: BTW, the Half-Life 2 equivalent of what the first guy posted.
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/914642.asp?q=half-life

Man that was awesome! The funny thing is, within the first 10 minutes of the first thread I posted up for all ya cock lickers to read, (I'm a "cunt licker" remember, and proud of it)it was banished to hell, so I get pure enjoyment out of pissing all you guys off. So I posted it again. It pissed you off that bad, I mean come on, if I proclaimed Doom to rock that much and Halo to suck, then I would stand by it like a "fanboy" and get pretty upset when I'm forced to defend doom, a lesser game. But enough trying to point out the obvious, you all know Halo rules as King, and the sales/hype/press down right prove it, oh yeah, and don't forget the most important part...the kick ass, Doom-killing game play it offers. So have fun getting pissed off, it's about as entertaining as playing doom, seeing daft enemies make retarded moves while I shoot 'em down. Have fun guys! Oh, and to the guy that said he would take the magnum and shoot me, well, I'm sure with the skill most players gain while playing Doom you would not be able to, I would make more than just 2 moves across a given area.

jiolado2 said:
Yadda, Yadda, Yadda

Doom SMASHES Halo in every aspect! But then again, that is just my opinion :)