Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDan

Halo 2 Stuff

Captain Red said:

Kittens arn't as 1337 as puppies. but you need healing.

I may have to disagree with you on that one. Those kittens are very 1337.

I can't really decide. I like puppies, I like kittens. I guess if I'm playing with a puppy I like it more than a kitten, and vice versa. However I generally prefer dogs to cats...cats seem to lose alot of their cuteness as they grow older.

Oh yeah...halo had good multiplayer, as long as you're in a room with your friends. I've never been much of a fan of playing online though, I enjoy being able to interact with the people I'm playing with...like throwing things at their heads when they won't stop sniping.

Probably won't be getting halo 2, or an x-box anytime soon though. I have a PC, I have doom, and half-life 2, and blood. I'm set.

ok brainchildren, when you get your panties in a knot over some dip who's loser evading just to troll you, it reflects poorly upon yourself. and darkhaven, start making posts with substance if you want to stick around.

btw, i haven't played halo 2 yet, but the reason halo is successful is because gasp, it's a good game. you don't have to enjoy it, but to say it wasn't well-concieved is retarded. and one or two of you detractors have no idea what you're talking about. serious sam in close quarters? half-life ripoff? have you played it at all?

and who cares if there are no bots. bots are no fucking fun ever. shell out the cash for live if you have broadband, it's worth it.

Being that I'm for some stupid reason labelled an XBox fanboy, and am finally out of my bitchy mood, I can give Halo 2 a fair trial:

Pros:
-Dual-wielding: Throws all strategy out the window, but it's fun :P

-Steve Vai doing work on the soundtrack - finally some real musical talent signed on for a game

-Levels weren't near as repitive as the first

-Blood Gulch was remade for Halo 2 (it's not quite the same as teh original, but I bet that cheap sniper spot's still there...), as well as Battle Creek - the 2 most played maps between me and my buddies.

-The voice acting - excellent, excellent job, and a lot of that cast voiced for Fallout 1 and 2 as well :D

Cons:

-Graphics errors on explosions

-AI at times seemed dumb as a post on anything but legendary difficulty

-Low ammo counts - the ammo max counts were abysmal. 360 rds. for the SMG as opposed to 600 for assault rifle in the first one? What are they, fucking retarded?

-the usual shitty weapons balance. In multiplayer, paired SMGs or the plasma sword will rape anyone in CQB, and the shotgun's been castrated. The RL's the best anti-equipment weapon ever, though ;)

-They remake Battle Creek and Blood Gulch, but not Wizard or Prisoner? Crack addicts, I tell you! :P

-You play as an Elite. This wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't have to do it for more than one campaign. Halo is about Master Chief, not the emasculated Predator rip-off.

Best part about this game in terms of level design, though, was definitely the first campaign with Master Chief. After that, the levels were good, but nowhere near as good as that first campaign.

I was really disappointed about the game, though, not because of the ending, but because of the first video impressions. We were all led to assume the whole thing would take place on earth, and of course, it ends up taking place on 2 ringworlds instead. Big whoop.

pilottobombadier said:

-You play as an Elite. This wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't have to do it for more than one campaign. Halo is about Master Chief, not the emasculated Predator rip-off.

I heard you side up with the Covenent in Halo 2.That really disappoints me.This reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 2 when everyone thought you would play as Snake but then You eventually played as that Pussy Raiden[or whatever his name is]for 90% of the game.

Yeah, that sucked. I wanted to play more as Snake.

I'vr heard they aren't going to port it PC. At least that's what I read in PC Gamer. What's that all about?

Well, there are better stealth games on the PC anyway (the Thief series for instance) :P.

Yeah, I prefer Thief. You need to be stealthy on that game especially in Deadly Shadows. in MGS you can be gung-ho if you want to without worries. Plus the way the sneaking works is kind of cheap. The guards can't see 10 feet in front of them.

Well, that's because they wear night vision goggles in broad daylight :P Actually, MC doesn't side with the Covenant at all, an Elite sides with him and that's all. If you're interested in the game's story, it does actually pick up some depth come near the end, but I won't say how ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

Well, there are better stealth games on the PC anyway (the Thief series for instance) :P.

Umm, I think he ment Halo 2.MGS2 is already for PC.

Captain Red said:

Puppies Pwn kitten.

WRONG

Heh, I was wondering if that guy defected. It seemed like he did by the point I got to.