Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skadoomer

Screenshots for Resurrection of Evil

There are lots of new creatures in those shots (in fact, I can't spot any original D3 monsters), and they all look pretty cool. I especially like the new Lost Souls, which look much more like the original Doom version :).

Both the weapons on display are new as well - the SSG in shot #1 is obvious, but I've no idea what that gun in shot #2 is. Some kind of energy weapon maybe?

Anyway, the architecture doesn't look half bad either :).

EDIT: apparently two of the new monsters are the Bruiser and the Vulgar, both of which were originally planned to be in Doom 3 but didn't make it. Also, judging from the screenshot name, the new Lost Souls may be called "Forgotten Souls".

I really cant find anything that would pass as a Bruiser.. Are you talking about the bizarre creature with the monitor on his chest with a dental record on display? Or the legless HK?

The Vulgars look sweet btw.

The one with the dental display monitor is the bruiser.

NiGHTMARE said:

but I've no idea what that gun in shot #1 is. Some kind of energy weapon maybe?

Might be some kind of homing weapon, the HUD on it says (if you look closely) "Locked"

footman said:

Yep, hence the screenshot having the word 'bruiser' in it's name :P.

Might be some kind of homing weapon, the HUD on it says (if you look closely) "Locked"

It doesn't exactly look like a rocket launcher though, so as I said it's probably some sort of (homing) energy weapon :).

NiGHTMARE said:

It doesn't exactly look like a rocket launcher though, so as I said it's probably some sort of (homing) energy weapon :).

Never said it was an explosive delivering weapon. ;)

Bah! Looks like it's still on Mars - no Hell on Earth this time around :-(

Am I stupid or what? Every f#*kin' Fan site links me to the same f#*kin' site, where all I find is a blank page with some Call of Duty bla bla in one of the upper text bars. NO RoE-Screenshots!

Hmm, it was working fine for me earlier today, but now I just get a blank page bordered by the usual ads. Perhaps it was pulled or there's an issue with the server.

Aw poop, I SO wanted to see those screenshots. :( Perhaps they released the screenshots too early or without permission from iD? Did anyone save the screenshots to their harddrive?

Dammit.I wish I didnt have school.All I see now is some Blank page with some Call of Duty Finest Hour Bullshit.

Looked around at some other Doom Forums for some incite into the situation and it seems that Activision contacted Gamebiz and told them to pull the images...

geekmarine said:

Holy crap that looks awesome! I can't wait to see more of this expansion in action. I like the new lost souls, and the Bruiser looks freakish. Perhaps the Bruiser is a propaganda agent for Hell? Maybe that's what the TV screen is for. :)

This is pure speculation on my part, but the other new weapon besides the SSG looks like a homing plasma launcher to me. The barrel looks quite a bit like the original plasma's, but with some slight modifications, not to mention the LCD screen with the word "locked" on it.

This is awsome, it has monsters n all !
G' ! me cant wait to shoot them scary monstaaars.

In the meantime, just play DOOM !!!

DaJuice said:

Sux0r.

*Hires a hitman*

The screenies do look good, and it's nice to see the DB Shotgun. The lost souls finally don't look to pathetic like last time.

shit, was that a floating legless hell knight in one of the pics. anyway looks fucking evil, i cant wait!! maybe more outdoor levels...

NiGHTMARE said:

apparently two of the new monsters are the Bruiser and the Vulgar, both of which were originally planned to be in Doom 3 but didn't make it. Also, judging from the screenshot name, the new Lost Souls may be called "Forgotten Souls".

What you call the "Vulgar" was originally described as the "Arch Vile". At least, that´s what some magazines called it some two years ago. I wonder, if id ever thought this creature to be the arch vile, before they switched to the original look, or if this is some shit made up by the mags.

As for the Bruiser (Baron of Hell?). I don´t think it looks like a baron, barons don´t have monitors on their chest. Then again, the Hell Knight doesn´t look as its original, either.

I wish they would have taken this lost soul design for the main program. I mean, I´m fine with the lost soul, but why do they now come up with something more original? Now, everytime I'll look at the lost soul, I will think "Man, you'll soon be succeeded by something better."

afaik, the "bruiser" was never meant to be a "baron of hell". They were going to have both monsters.

Deathmatcher said:

I wish they would have taken this lost soul design for the main program. I mean, I´m fine with the lost soul, but why do they now come up with something more original? Now, everytime I'll look at the lost soul, I will think "Man, you'll soon be succeeded by something better."

I like the Doom 3 lost souls thank you very much. They're much scarier than a bunch of firy skulls (though the skulls, admittedly, look cooler). Those "classic style" ones, however, are a good addition for nostaligia, but I hope the "female head" lost souls are still in (I would imagine the skulls are tougher, but bigger and hence easier to hit).

So none of you feels like mentioning the double barreled shotgun?

I like it so far. Reminds me a lot of the classic and it even looks like the barrels are breakable :-P
But I won't get too excited about it until I see the whole gun - if it's yet another pistol-handle gun, I'll be really pissed off as it'll ruin the whole gun for me. A db shotgun should have a proper butt and not some retarded pistol handle.

That and I don't know for sure if the barrels are breakable yet. And I haven't tried it myself either.

Mm, maybe the SSG will be a Q2-rippoff. I'd favorize it the D2-way.

@Shaviro: The Barons of Hell were originally called the "Bruiser Brothers" (-> johnromero.com). That´s why I thought, bruiser refered to baron.