Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

Team Corruptions Project [new project]

I have a project in the works, but im a one man team. Progress is slow... very slow, and im not as great at level design as I am with graphics, so heres what i need...

Someone who is looking to join a team, Someone with talent in the mapping field. I do all the graphics, but ill also do some additional level design.

Interested? just send me a copy of a level you've created, to sk8r_shredder_d@yahoo.com

Thanks--

oh btw, all level design will be zdoom, with slopes and all other effects...

corrupt_marine, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Done. [/jackass]

First of all, let me clear things up, this isnt really a megawad, with 32 levels and such. maybee about 6 levels, new guns and graphics, but the whole overall idea of this is that im trying to pull together a team so that we can create all kinds of project and levels.

Wow .. starting small and forming a close development team instead of calling for every DOOMer and his brother to make something for a 32-level TC?

Color me shocked.

corrupt_marine said:

design will be zdoom, with slopes and all other effects...

What, all of them? Every single one? That'll be interesting.

Whats so interesting about every level in zdoom format?

Nmn, ill post a copy of my latest weapon in this thread, just give me a lil bit to get the weapon ready, its not finished yet. And thanx for the tips Nmn !

He was referring to that you said it'll use ALL effects Zdoom have to offer. Wich will indeed be VERY intresting to see.

Maybe to get more people interested you could tell us what the project is about, ie storyline, settings, goals for the project like gameplay and atmosphere etc. This way, if someone wants to make maps like that they'll answer.

ok here goes...

Your in space aboard a UAC Battle Cruiser, and your in charge of the cargo schedules. So, your in the cargo hold, doing some last minute checks before you get ready for your bunk check, when suddenly, everything goes haywire. Boxes fly everywhere and lights flicker and bust. The entire ship begins to break apart. In all the destruction, you get smacked over the head with a large crate...
You awake to find yourself in still, quiet, dark... You cut on your flashlight and take a look around, to find nothing but destroyed objects. But the company should have locked on the emergency power backup by now, and they should have come over the intercom and announced some damages and orders. Well you begin to explore and find noone in the ship. not even dead bodies...
Making your way to the main control area, you find the same... nothing... Then when you get to the control room, you open the slide screens over the windows. Nothing, no stars, no planets, no light, nothing. Everything is gone. You're in a huge black realm, and everyone has dissapeared... So you think... Suddenly out of all areas of the ship, your fellow marines jump out, ready to attack, but something is wrong with their face, and a foul odor emmits across the room. They attack you, and you pull out your auto z63 rifle, and start blasting away!

[whew] ok there you go, a simple story to start out with. :)

sniff.. I smell someone shocked Your system.. with a four digit code 3057 ;) Sounds very interesting, especially the idea of the black void.

hey Nmn, i just made my bad ass rifle, and ill post it for view on this thread, last night, in about 40 min, i created the z63 rifle. (inspired my zdoom 63a.cab :) ) its bad ass !

udderdude said:

It looks like a bad-ass vacuum cleaner. Call it the Dust Buster 9000 :P

hahahahahahah thats exactly what it looks like. That's hilarious.

udderdude said:

Well at least Corrupt Marine made an attempt to make his gun, plus he is still learning.

You sir, on the other hand don't know much about making something from scratch, with the exception of how to rip it in a good way, right? (talking about Doom3 textures You ripped for the project on the other thread).

IMO, Crappy Attempt at making something original >>>>>>>>>>> Beatiful Rip made by someone else.

Tottaly agreed, good job Currupt
I'm sorry but I have to laugh at the vacum comment :) Seriously though, fantastic job man... I hope you keep working on your skills cause if you can do this with M$ paint... I'd love to see what you can do with paintshop pro.

I tried to get into spriting weapons but I went for 3d modeling instead:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/SirTimberWolf/Model%20Sheets%20and%20story%20stuff/Autocannon.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/SirTimberWolf/Model%20Sheets%20and%20story%20stuff/assaultshotgun.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/SirTimberWolf/Model%20Sheets%20and%20story%20stuff/Image6.jpg

I can manage to sprite some basic objects though... Maybe I'll get back into it for this new project im working on... *thinks*

udderdude said:

Said a guy who couldn't draw a rectangle in MS-Paint...

/me has been Shocked...

I'm having faith in You Corrupt Marine. Practice a lot, get a better software for sake :>, and continue with Your project, because I'm planning something evil

/flashes green eyes :]

BlackFish said:
[/jackass] [/B]

Jackass for sure.

Corrupt_Marine, I'm working on my own thing, and doing the level design, check out thread "Need help for a miniproject" to see some screenshots. If you can make weapons better looking then that one, you're welcome! :-D

Wall textures would also be of interest, but I don't know exactly what, since I have pretty much all I need, right now anyway...

Edit, the minigun and shotgun look awesome.

Edit, I think the vacuum cleaner looks rather nice, but I think it could use some different colors, to blend better with the Doomguy's hand and brown glove. And more high-tech buttons on it :-) And if it was aligned a little more straight forward, instead of a little sideways, it'd be much better in my opinion. Still, looks great nonetheless.

gemini09 said:
And if it was aligned a little more straight forward, instead of a little sideways, it'd be much better in my opinion

I take this back, since it would probably look cool when it's placed to the far right of the screen, but, I think the hand should be placed a little further to the left, so it looks a little more correctly aligned with the 'hidden' 'stick' that's 'supposed' to point out from the bottom, if you know what I mean.........

........or a more suitable Doomguy's-hand graphic :-)

Allowed myself to do some work on Corrupted's gun :) Hope You don't mind pal.

badass job Nmn! you really are the master of graphic design !
anyway, check out this new SMG Submachine gun i got-

took me bout 20 min to make this one...

meanwhile, gemini09, im totally interested! this will be my first project that i have attempted. and yes, ill download the things to make my graphics bad ass.

Nmn, how long did it take you to do that work with my rifle? And can i keep it? :) hahahaha