Title: Oldboy (2003)
(the Grand Prix at Cannes 2004)
Director: Chan-wook, Park
Genre: Action/Mystery/Thriller(More)
Credited Cast:
Min-shik, Choi as Dae-su, Oh
Ji-tae, Yu as Woo-jin, Lee
Hye-jeong, Kang as Mi-do

Plot Outline: After 15 years of sole imprisonment in a hotel room, a middle-aged man seeks revenge on those who brought him down - and an explanation.

Also Known As:
Old Boy (2004) (International: English title)
(Universal Studio is now remaking it)
Runtime: 120 min
Language: Korean
Color: Color
Sound Mix: Dolby Digital
Certification: France:-16 / Germany:16 / Hong Kong:III / Singapore:R21 / South Korea:18 / UK:18 / Netherlands:16

Some reviews are...

"Wow" does not even begin to describe it

This film was incredible. Forget all these times I came home after a good movie telling people how it was the greatest. This one truly is 10 times over.

There is not one tiny thing I can fault it on. The story is engaging from the first shot until the end, it is beautifully filmed, the music is beautiful and the acting was perfect.

I bet you if this film was in "American" it would swiped every award available in its category but since it does not appeal to the lowest denominator you will have the occasional movie goer leaving the cinema in the middle of the movie 'cos' its in 'foreign' and it does not have Vin Diesel in it.

I think I'll go and see it again today.

FREAKIN' AMAZING

I saw this movie the other day at a film festival, and HOLY ****! This movie is an amazing, stunning piece of work. Incredibly cinematic, beautifully shot, and one of the most intense movies I've ever seen. And not just the obviously intense parts, such as the heavy issues it deals with, but even the fights, which take action and turn it into a piece of art. Check out the one-shot hallway fight for an example. Violent, at times very funny, it never let's go, and it'll take your breath away. Having seen this, most other movies I thought of as "very good" have now been reduced to average in the shadow of this behemoth. Check it out and know for yourself.

Yeah, it really is a great movie.The fights manage to combine the feel of a martial arts flick and a real street fight. And the story is certainly powerful. A couple of thing I didnt quite understand though, such as the ant stuff. I guess maybe it's a cultural thing.

Also the main character is a total badass. :P