Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Do you see what I see? (fun with X-ray goggles)

Some claim it is a violation of civil liberties. Others claim it is a lot of civil fun. Oh and for security too.

Damn it. They should have used a female model.

BTW, this is very stupid because excessive exposure to X-Rays can cause cancer.

Gokuma said:

Damn it. They should have used a female model.

BTW, this is very stupid because excessive exposure to X-Rays can cause cancer.

Yeah, in the same way that using a cell phone or microwave does.

I was under the impression that terahertz imaging (T-rays) was the next big breakthrough in this sort of thing, not X-rays.

I think there are going to be a lot of pedafiles and sex offenders applying for jobs at the airports soon.

There are more people walking around airports you would not want to see naked then there are ones you would. Don't forget that :/

-E

Dittohead said:

Yeah, in the same way that using a cell phone or microwave does.

I've heard that it takes five hundred x-ray exams to get radiation poisoning (or kill you?). I've also met a guy that told me he had a pet fish in a bowl on top of his microwave oven and it developed a tumor and died. I also have a 915MHz cordless phone and if I am talking on it and walk in front of the microwave oven while it is on the phone will almost completely cut out. That was a telltale sign that those microwaves were leaking out. Anyways, there's been no hard proof that mobile phones cause cancer, microwave ovens maybe, and x-rays definitely.

Job said:

Some claim it is a violation of civil liberties. Others claim it is a lot of civil fun. Oh and for security too.

I'd hate to be that brutally neutered man

gargoylol said:

I'd hate to be that brutally neutered man

I'd hate to exposed to so much of that radiation.

Seriously, it's a universally known fact that excessive exposure to x-ray radiation can cause cancer. Why the hell would they do it anyways? Mankind takes yet another step backwards.

Psyonisis said:

It's a very low intensity radiation - it's not like they're examining your bones.

\it's probably the same as the radiationj coming out of your monitor--- except my LCD ^_^

Fredrik said:
wavelength?

Dunno where he is. We all miss him!

Fredrik said:

Maybe instead of X-ray radiation you could use light with very short wavelength?

Actually a longer wavelenght, somewhere in the infrared, would be better. Remember the Sony camcorder fiasco where the camcorder could be used to see through clothes?

Danarchy said:

Heh, there's some videos of that on the file sharing networks. Er, I mean...

SEETHRUCLOTHESBRITNEYSPEARSHORSECOCKTIJUANA.MPG.EXE