Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

the BFG in DM

Knowing how the cone effect works is great power when it comes to BFG, both when you are using it and when you are trying to avoid me. When I used to play DM with my schoolmates, the only way to kill me with a BFG was to catch me by surprise with a direct blast, which was rare.

Don't deny however that it's fun playing MAP03 with begginers who don't know the secret. We once played 4 people on 3 comps, so I sat and let them play for a while. When the score was something like 25-20-4, I took over the guy with the 4 frags, and in 5 minutes it was 35-30 or something in my favor (and I wasn't fragged even once)... It was fun and sure pissed them off.

Do us all a favor and explain this "cone effect" I thought that all it was that when it explodes, everything in your sight is affected by the blast. or is that it?

For those who don't want to read the FAQ, the "cone effect" is simply put, a radius of damage for everything in your vision. For example...
.....*135..............*45.......

Everything in your vision from the 45* Mark, to the 135* mark is affected by the blast, pretty much all that you can clearly see, however, it can't affect anything that is right next to you.

Furthermore, if you wish to rid yourself of that stupid "Charging" sound, press spacebar on a wall as you fire, to get rid of the charge sound, and it will be replaced by an "Umph" sound. After a while, it becomes less useful though.

Furthermore, if you wish to rid yourself of that stupid "Charging" sound, press spacebar on a wall as you fire, to get rid of the charge sound, and it will be replaced by an "Umph" sound. After a while, it becomes less useful though.

the infamous silent bfg trick...

the infamous bfg trick

Correction: the most famous silent bfg trick, duh!

it's called grunting. It's really to use, but it hurts your fingers tho when you have to keep pressing the open key

I think it's a bad DM weapon. It's too slow to fire, and when it's used against me, it's very easy to aviod. I'd just as soon use a shotgun of any kind, or a plasma rifle.
Maybe a rocket launcher.

The BFG can't rule in DM because it's to damn slow. It's easy to dodge the balls and you can kill the one with the weapon easily if you've got a SSG or a plasma rifle, etc.

only idiots would say that <

bfg is so slow
bfg is so green
bfg is so cheap
bfg is so unskilled
bfg is so gay
bfg is so lame
bfg is so infamous

bah bunch of wimps and whiners and losers

bah bunch of wimps and whiners and losers

Here we go again..../me takes a BFG, put it in 999cop's mouth and fires. See? It takes about 4 seconds to kill a worhless, son of a mancubus like you.

That worries me.

You have no sense of the power of BFG in dm biatch

Lament couldn't hide from 999cop's BFG