Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

What's your favorite level, besides Hell?

bananananananana na na naaaa we have to get it over with at some point, (or not) bananananna ba na naa

1-Mars City - mars_city1
2-Mars City Underground - mc_underground
3-Mars City - mars_city2
4-UAC Administration - Admin
5-Alpha Labs Sector 1 - Alphalabs1
6-Alpha Labs Sector 2 - Alphalabs2
7-Alpha Labs Sector 3 - Alphalabs3
8-Alpha Labs Sector 4 - Alphalabs4
9-Enpro Plant - enpro
10-Communications Transfer - commoutside
11-Communications - comm1
12-Recycling Sector 1 - recycling1
13-Recycling Sector 2 - recycling2
14-Monorail - monorail
15-Delta Labs Sector 1 - delta1
16-Delta Labs Sector 2a - delta2a
17-Delta Labs Sector 2b - delta2b
18-Delta Labs Sector 3 - delta3
19-Delta Labs Sector 4 - delta4
20-Hell - hell1
21-Delta Labs Sector 5 - delta5
22-Central Processing - cpu
23-Central Server Banks - cpuboss
24-Site 3 - site3
25-Caverns Area 1 - caverns1
26-Caverns Area 2 - caverns2
27-Primary Excavation Site - hellhole

take your pick

I like playing Site 3 a lot for some reason.

Least favorite is Delta3. It's easily the laggiest level in the game, and there's far too many z-sectors.

The one where you go down a really dark hallway and some imps teleport in. I think there's some pipes in it too. You know the one, right?

Actually I'd say mars city 2, UAC administration, and the first few alpha labs. Basically before I realised the rest of the game would be the first couple of levels over and over again. But those first few levels were a real treat, got the hell surprised out of me more than a few times.

I'd pick the first two alpha labs, for a simple reason: These levels sticked to my beloved alpha videos the most.

Worst level: The caverns areas. I love the final level but the caverns before it where mediocre at most.

So far i've only made it the the communications tower level part thingy ma-bob but the part i like is.....well...im waiting for some new monsters :-P

The one with the introduction of the mancubi. I like the way they just fade in through the smog.

That was an intense battle, where the lag tried to to fuck me over, but I beat it.

Shit going down is always a fun experience in video games. I wish shit would go down more often.

kristus said:

I really liked the Delta Labs.. But yeah the first levels are great. The shit goes down.

Hell yeah the delta labs are the shit! But as a whole, I really liked the game in general. I did not see any thing I hated to play through, and the story line kept me interested enough to want more!!!

Yeah I agree. The story was somewhat simple though. But not because it was bad, but because they had bragged about how great it'd be. In itself it wasn't much of a story.

My theory is if the game wasn't advertised or hyped at all everyone would have loved it.

The eariler part of Delta Labs 1. No question.

I see imps crawling outside and I wondered if there gonna pop through a roof, and their sight sounds freaked me out I thought 1 was gonna jump at me. Then I saw a commando i tried to hit him but he ran away. Long story short, until I put the data linker in, it was hella scary.

EnPro plant was ok, but wasn´t that the map with the green slime? Man, that slime is UGLY. I expected one hell of a slime quality - Classic Doom´s slime looks better! Obvioulsly, id has ceased to be the leading slime-designing company since Unreal´s lava/water textures ruled over Quake2´s slime.

Deathmatcher said:

EnPro plant was ok, but wasn´t that the map with the green slime? Man, that slime is UGLY. I expected one hell of a slime quality - Classic Doom´s slime looks better! Obvioulsly, id has ceased to be the leading slime-designing company since Unreal´s lava/water textures ruled over Quake2´s slime.

No, I think that was Recycling 1 or 2.

i liked the first few levels too. the moving machinery was awesome.

that level with the slime was good too. its too bad that was so short.
they could have made tunnels made out of that stuff and it would have been hard to find a way out.

wth, stupid me. i stopped playing the game at deltalabs 3 or 4 because it was too repetative. And i was just about to go to hell, if i had only known :(

I like the recycling sector alot, great look to that place. The part where the gas starts filling the level was the most intense part of doom for me. But then again I thought there was a time limit on that part when I first played through... still pretty intense. :)

Comm Transfer is pretty good. Hell, i got scared the shit out of me over there. I think the door with the tentacle thing in it is pretty cool.

kristus said:

Yeah I agree. The story was somewhat simple though. But not because it was bad, but because they had bragged about how great it'd be. In itself it wasn't much of a story.

Same could be said about the scary moments. They went on about how scary doom3 is so much that by the time you encounter a zombie right behind a door ready to smash you with a wrench you're like "Why am i not surprised?".

Anyways my favs were the early ones, the second recycling center and the delta labs.

The Enpro Plant, or at least what I think is the EnPro plant...

There was a sequence where you're riding down an elevator, the shaft is full of pipes blazing. You get down and you're blasting your way through enemies and such. It had kind of an "Aliens" feel to it.