Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Speedhereticing

Danarchy will be hosting a Heretic speedmapping session on Sunday at 11AM Pacific, 2PM Eastern, on irc.oftc.net #zdoom. This is, as usual, an exercise that only allows participants 100 minutes to make a map, and since Heretic has about 12 textures, I imagine the theme will be pretty easy to guess.

I have been wanting to participate in a speedmapping competition myself, and I would participate in this one, but I only have the demo heretic(wich only has about 3 textures.). I would have participated in the last speedmapping competition, but I was too busy at the time.

Ixnatifual said:

It's not just 12 textures... It's 12 UGLY textures.

i'd like to see you draw some better ones

Well anyway, not much of a show, but if I may say so what it lacks in quantity it makes up for in quality. Draconio, Erik_A, and Lüt each made a map which you can download here:

http://youfailit.net/danarchy/speed/

Remember, it's Episode 3. Also, you may want to use ZDoom because of effects that Erik used.

Wheeeeee I actually finished something! ^_________^

...well, released anyway...

It's nice to see some speedmapping for other games. Hexen speedmapping would be extra sweet but might require another separate block of time to get some nice scripting done.

Gokuma said:

It's nice to see some speedmapping for other games. Hexen speedmapping would be extra sweet but might require another separate block of time to get some nice scripting done.

Why do you need scripting for Hexen maps? The stuff that can be done in a speddmapping session is probably not complex enough to require scripts. Hexen maps work as well without them.